Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 03:52 AM

Default Re: *Official* Philadelphia E-A-G-L-E-S Thread (2007-2008)

i pretty much can't stand the way philly fans act towards their well-paid players that underperform (i.e. pat burrell) and you can't argue with the success that mcnabb has had in philadelphia with the annual trips to the NFC championship game

that being said, i have always been amazed at how successful mcnabb has been, im fairly certain that mcnabb is by far the most inaccurate QB that the general population actually thinks doesn't suck...the eagles offensive gameplan has tons of short easy passes and mcnabb is off-target on way too many of them

over the years i've grown more and more frustrated watching great run after the catch opportunities being wasted by mcnabb throwing either behind the receiver or at shin level, at times i've tried to justify this as some brilliant strategy in which by constantly throwing the ball at his receivers feet he drastically reduces the chances of being intercepted, but deep in my heart is always the thought that he probably just isn't that good

i know that alcohol clouds my eagles memory, but if you are an eagles fan who was watched the majority of the games over mcnabb's career, how many times can you remember mcnabb actually hitting his receiver in stride compared to how many times you have seen his receiver have to make either a diving or jumping catch on a 5-10yd route?
Old 10-01-2007, 08:12 AM

man, this game was depressing to watch. all those sacks ...

I hope the O-line can improve. Otherwise nothing much matters.

I'm still on a Phils high, so I'm not as pissed about this loss at all as I should be. If we lose next week, then the phils better be in the NLCS by then.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Holy crap Winston Justice is horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

that was ridiculous. Osi did the same thing every time

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all. Of his six sacks, one was a bull-rush, at least one was a move to the inside, one was basically a stunt to the interior of the line (probably improvised), a couple of times he just flew past Justice's right side, and I think he had one of those sacks for just a couple of yards in which McNabb tried to scramble but didn't make it back to the line.

In other words, he did something different on almost every one of his sacks. There's no denying that Winston Justice was horrible, but give Osi and the rest of the Giants' D-Line some credit, too. Whatever problems the defense has as a whole, the front four is legitimately talented, and deep.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:45 AM

As an Eagles fan, I'm used to this. They always find new ways to lose. But WTF was that? Of all the things that have gone wrong - this one was the most shocking. Last year, heck in the wild card game AGAINST THE GIANTS the o-line was great. Where the f did this come from? The O-line was always over prioritized by Reid in the draft - how could this happen? Also - how could Justice be this bad?!?? He played at [censored] USC! It was the worst performance by an O-lineman that I have ever seen.

Also - WTF was Reid doing? Why not put Justice on the bench after the 1st half - ANYONE could have done better. Reno [censored] Mahe could have done better.

ARARAGRHGAHRGAGHRGHGRGH.

The worst part about this is that the D played great, without 2 of their best players (in the secondary no less) against a very good passing team. The Eagles had every chance to win this game.

I cant even comment on McNabb/receivers - how can you fairly critique a QB that has gotten sacked 12 times?

D
Old 10-01-2007, 10:43 AM

Haha Eagles fans, your team sucks, and they Cowboys are amazing!!
Old 10-01-2007, 11:08 AM

I dont feel like I am overreacting, and I have been saying this even before the season. The team is going in the complete wrong direction, and Dallas, Washington, and even the Giants are going the other direction.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont know why anyone thinks this team is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still don't understand your reverse homer bias.

We narrowly lost to 4-0 Green Bay.
We lost by one score to 2-1 Washington.
We destroyed 3-1 Detroit.
We lost by one score to 2-2 New York while missing five starters, 4 of which have gone to multiple probowls.

Yeah, that's just a terrible team right there.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

We lost by one score to 2-2 New York while missing five starters, 4 of which have gone to multiple probowls.

[/ QUOTE ]

13 point conversion?
Old 10-01-2007, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the fans have, for many reasons, given up a bit on McNabb.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're taking it too far. Are the fans frustrated wtih McNabb? Yes. Are the fans intriguied and curious with Kolb? Yes. Are the fans ready to give up on McNabb? No.

This season isn't lost yet. The bye comes at the perfect time. Westbrook will be fine in two weeks, Dawkins will probably be fine and please, for the love of god, hopefully Tra/William Thomas will be fine. If not, atleast they have two weeks to figure out how to give Justice some help.

Sweep Dallas (admittedly unlikely) and they can still win the division. Go merely 9-7 and they can be a wildcard team.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i pretty much can't stand the way philly fans act towards their well-paid players that underperform (i.e. pat burrell)

[/ QUOTE ]

Burrell has been getting enormous standing ovations for months now. The fans didn't boo Burrell when he "underperformed", they booed Burrell when he was horrible and hitting around the [censored] Mendonza line.