Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2007, 03:11 PM

Default Re: 50 Cent\'s Intelligence Level

[ QUOTE ]

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. wrong. there are tons of kids across this country that are actively trying to do the same, it rarely happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does this prove? That they didn't win the lottery?
Old 08-27-2007, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. wrong. there are tons of kids across this country that are actively trying to do the same, it rarely happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does this prove? That they didn't win the lottery?

[/ QUOTE ]

why isnt it happening than? do the record companies not like money? wouldn't all these guys be millionaires by now, because obv the record execs are profiting hugely off them too?
Old 08-27-2007, 03:23 PM

Because there's only so many talented people to be the man behind the man?
Old 08-27-2007, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because there's only so many talented people to be the man behind the man?

[/ QUOTE ]

nah, doubtful, There are too many people out there looking to be the next big rapper, these people dont have what it takes, its not the business people that are lacking, as Im sure any talent exec who send out a million rejection letters can attest to.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A friend just recommended the new 50 Cent single, "I Get Money," to me. I'm pretty into rap and I like 50 a lot, so I downloaded. I listened to it and got to thinking, "Man, isn't there something else he can rap about?" I mean his other single from Curtis (new album) is entitled Straight to the Bank, and he obviously talks about making money in like every other song.

My friend replies: "Dude, what else can he rap about? If he took an IQ test, he'd be borderline retarded."

I completely disagree with these sentiments. The guy is worth roughly $100 million, and he obviously didn't come from a very affluent background.

So, is 50 just merely marketable, or is their actually some brains behind the bank?

[/ QUOTE ]

Famous actors are usually some variation of rich too, and they're very commonly noted as pretty dumb. I've even read a lot of them saying that they agree and that outside of acting, they'd have trouble holding down a job at 7-11. You think you have to be that much smarter to rap than act?
Old 08-27-2007, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think we're arguing two different things. I think that 50 would test poorly on an IQ test, but he obviously has enough business savvy to be successful. With that being said, I'm sure he has a million advisers telling him what to do to make the most money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course he does. Most entertainers wouldn't know whether a balance sheet is rightside up.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think we're arguing two different things. I think that 50 would test poorly on an IQ test, but he obviously has enough business savvy to be successful. With that being said, I'm sure he has a million advisers telling him what to do to make the most money.

[/ QUOTE ]

what basis do you have for thinking he would not do well on an IQ test? the test requires very little outside knowledge, so his lack of formal education wouldn't count against him. meanwhile, he is a self-made multimillionaire AND an acclaimed (yes ok not universally) artist.

[/ QUOTE ]

It has long been posited that IQ tests do depend on cultural knowledge and therefore are not accurate.

Anecdotally, after reading up a bit about IQ tests, I could fairly consistently keep my scores at the top end of a a 40 point range. There are some tricks to some of them, and test-taking skills count.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:44 PM

The record companies don't promote "another" 50 cent because it doesn't make sense from a business perspective. It is better for them to just shove one artist down your throat than to have to try to sell you on many different artists.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The record companies don't promote "another" 50 cent because it doesn't make sense from a business perspective. It is better for them to just shove one artist down your throat than to have to try to sell you on many different artists.

[/ QUOTE ]

yet anytime a hot new artist comes out, 12 others magically appear is perfect clone-like form. Not to say that there are 12 50 cents out there, but ideas like Over-Saturation exist specifically because companies shove as much as they can down your throat.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? than why isnt there only one artist per genre per record company if it makes more business sense to do it that way?