Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2007, 12:27 AM

Default Re: KQs - Huge Pot - ? on All Streets

[ QUOTE ]
pf is fine without reads

flop, raise is good, tar cards 3bets, means nothing, so you call, then some monkey cold caps it, which means you are losing, so you call

flop is good.

turn, you turned a huge draw in a huge pot, just call 4 bets and pray.

river, you missed your flush, and, the PFR now bets into 3 people who have shown tremendous strength.

You are now in last place, and this is a very easy fold on the river for 1 bet. Pot odds mean nothing when you are always losing.

The PFR will have AQ 90% of the time, or JJ the rest. Even if he is betting AJ, the two people behind you, one of them has at least two pair.

Calling this river is lighting 6 dollars on fire.

well played hand

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Hip, that makes me feel better.

Since I had no reads, I cold-called PF instead of raising, since I figured either were fine. I don't know if raising would've helped anything but save me a few bets, but I think the post-flop action would have been completely different and probably end up roughly the same (6 BB to see the river... JfC).

Anyway, I folded the river. I thought everyone's hands were very interesting:

TARCARDS (SB) - 77 (I prob could have gotten him out PF with a 3-bet)

UTG+1 (original raiser) - JJ

CO - KTo

Also, BB claimed to have folded AQ on the turn.

Therefore, Absolute is rigged.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:29 AM

tarcards is a 45/25, i don't think he's folded 77 in his life
Old 08-19-2007, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
tarcards is a 45/25, i don't think he's folded 77 in his life

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I'm thinking, but I give him some credit for knowing what's going on. I could see him folding to a PF 3-bet half the time? Anyway, who cares.

He was pissed though lol, so that helped.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:20 AM

Pissing Tarcards off always helps.

The reason I said I'd probably fold the flop is that 3 people have now shown serious aggression. This has to be at least two pair, but looks like a set. If we somehow pull out a win here its goign to have to be with a five card hand. Small chance a Q is good, I think no chance a K is. Therefore we have to call 2 more on the flop to even hope to pick up a draw. With 3 people showing aggression no way in hell we're getting to the river for only 1BB if we do manage to pick up some sort of draw on the turn. I think with this flop and the action we're basically praying for runner-runner straight or flush, and the straight may not even been just ours. I just think way too often our hand needs way to much help here.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pissing Tarcards off always helps.

The reason I said I'd probably fold the flop is that 3 people have now shown serious aggression. This has to be at least two pair, but looks like a set. If we somehow pull out a win here its goign to have to be with a five card hand. Small chance a Q is good, I think no chance a K is. Therefore we have to call 2 more on the flop to even hope to pick up a draw. With 3 people showing aggression no way in hell we're getting to the river for only 1BB if we do manage to pick up some sort of draw on the turn. I think with this flop and the action we're basically praying for runner-runner straight or flush, and the straight may not even been just ours. I just think way too often our hand needs way to much help here.

[/ QUOTE ]

3 people have shown aggression, but I am not worried about most of them

PF raiser, when he just calls the 3bet, we are beating him

Tarcards is retarded, we are beating most of the time.

That just leaves the CO, who might have Kx, might have bottom two, might have an OESD, who the [censored] knows.

All I know is, I think I have the nuts on the flop in a huge pot, and I'm not folding.

If the CO turned over bottom two pair, I'm still calling two more bets on the flop.

If you actually fold this flop, I dont' think you played at AP 3-6 recently.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:54 AM

"If you actually fold this flop, I dont' think you played at AP 3-6 recently. "

Not as many as some, more than most. think I'm up to a close to 15K AP 3-6 this month.

I read the flop action a little wrong because I was playing but I dont think it changes much. I think this is one of those hands that in the heat of battle I play same as Beta, but when I look back at later on PT decide I played wrong.

TC may be a lot of things but I'm not sure I'd call him retarded. I do think I'd have a lot of trouble finding an example in my PT of a hand where someone calls the PF raiser and then CR two reraisers. I guess it could be either QJ or 89 deciding to play for a big pot but it just screams set to me. Looking at this hand on paper, I think we're f--ked, like always here and its just going to cost us a ton of bets to prove it.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:36 AM

Interesting hand. I would 3-bet pf. Maybe CC is ok but I never play that way, it's not my style at all. You can fold this on the flop since you are up against much better hands. When you CC flop and pick up a FD you should have equity to see the river for about any price in this enourmous pot. At the river it's time to fold and don't through away more money.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:11 AM

Sup Beta,

I 3-bet this preflop a lot because we've got the button. Put me in the SB, and I just call.

Flop play is interesting. I definitely raise, like you did. When it comes back 2 cold to us, are we ever not drawing incredibly slim? Can anyone find a fold on the flop? Bleh, we're getting like 13-1 effective odds. If we have 4ish outs, we're good here, maybe 5 or 6 would be better to account for the RIO. That's pretty rare, I think. If we're up against AA in one spot, lots of our outs are probably gone in the other hands (Ks, Qs). We're pretty much relying on our bdfd and bdsd here.

Also, when CO caps here, he's either got a draw of some sort (QJ, 89), or a monster like a set.

So, it'd be tough to do, IMO, but I think the flop could be a fold after our raise, when it comes back to us 2 cold.

As played on the flop, turn is good. No reason to raise the turn, since we might as well get as many players in as we can while we draw.

River, I can't fold, bleh. I call, and unless it comes back 2 bets to me, I'm not folding.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:38 AM

reraise PF
FTR is standard (fold river)

Ive never ever seen in my life a hand get so mental on the flop AND turn and one pair being good on scary board.

After the flop CAP you dont love your hand but your good enough to showodwn if theres no more big action.. After the turn action, your certaintly no good, but you have good draws to the best hand so you cant fold.

River the probability your hand is good is similar to the probability that elvis and 2pac are still alive but have transformed into transexuals and are hiding in a remote african jungle, making cocoa for a living.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:12 AM

"River the probability your hand is good is similar to the probability that elvis and 2pac are still alive but have transformed into transexuals and are hiding in a remote african jungle, making cocoa for a living. "

Boy are you going to feel dumb when thats proven to be true