1)

UTG had PFR% of 6.

SB: $14.85
BB: $4.65
UTG: $21.30
Hero (MP): $30.40
CO: $34.25
BTN: $27.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1.00</font>, Hero calls $1.00, 2 folds, SB calls $0.90, BB calls $0.75

Flop: ($4) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $2.50</font>, Hero calls $2.50, <font color="red">SB raises to $5.00</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $2.50, Hero calls $2.50

SIDE QUESTION: If UTG folds on flop should I have called the extra $2.50 knowing that SB only has $9 behind in this situation? The only reason I am calling this is because UTG might have QQ-AA and will stack off as well.

Turn: ($19) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets all-in for $8.85</font>, UTG folds, Hero ???

Am I priced in at this point?

2)

I have MP at 17/14.5 4.40 AF - he was raising in this position a fairly large amount

SB: $24.75
BB: $92.40
UTG: $10.25
MP: $27.25
Hero (CO): $34.30
BTN: $41.90

Preflop: Hero is dealt 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $1.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, 3 folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $7.00</font>, Hero ???
Old 10-01-2007, 01:44 PM

Default Re: Odd spot vs a midstack

Granted I generally answer these to help my lack of experience

1) as played - fold... you have nothing, he has a 5 and goes all in when you fail to make the flush
Old 10-01-2007, 02:01 PM

1) Yeah, I probably call, though it's kinda close. You're getting slightly better than 3:1, which is fine if all your outs are clean, but they won't always be and sometimes you'll have run into a boat. But I think this is okay.

2) What are you trying to accomplish with this 3bet? You have position on the guy, I'd just call him preflop. As is, fold.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:44 PM

1) You don't have the odds to call.
2) You can't play for setvalue no more. Let it go. You should just call and play for setvalue imo.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:36 PM

Can someone answer the side question?

In the first hand If UTG folds on the flop should I have called the extra $2.50 knowing that SB only has $9 behind in this situation? The only reason I am calling this is because UTG might have QQ-AA and will stack off as well.

As far as hand #2 I was raising because I believe I am ahead of his range, he was betting from 1 off the c/o and the c/o a lot so I figured I would repop him and win right there. Why would I give someone a free flop and risk over cards hitting it when I have a strong hand? Is this wrong logic?

When he minraises it is obvious he is huge, so do I just fold it or can I still call for set value at this point?
Old 10-01-2007, 04:29 PM

Hand 1 is really easy, fold pf and fold the flop. Pf, well villain doesnīt have a full stack and every once in a while somebody behind 3bets, BB might decide to push with his A7o etc. On the flop I donīt like calling without immediate odds on such a crappy board to a non-nut draw.

Hand 2 I like the others like a call. It is not very likely he is stealing there from MP so his range is probably tighter than you think and also, you are not looking so hot against his calling range. Donīt 3bet mid-strength hands like 99 vs this guy. If you are going to 3bet light, 3bet stuff like 57s or J4o etc. But I wouldnīt 3bet this guy light in this spot.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:38 PM

Why wouldn't you call PF with 97s vs someone who has 6 PFR and is raising from UTG?
Old 10-01-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why wouldn't you call PF with 97s vs someone who has 6 PFR and is raising from UTG?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Pf, well villain doesnīt have a full stack and every once in a while somebody behind 3bets, BB might decide to push with his A7o etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are not guaranteed to see a flop, there is 4 people waiting to act behind you. You flop 2pair+ ~5% of the time and you are not guaranteed to stack him everytime you hit and you wonīt always win when you hit.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Pf, well villain doesnīt have a full stack and every once in a while somebody behind 3bets, BB might decide to push with his A7o etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are not guaranteed to see a flop, there is 4 people waiting to act behind you. You flop 2pair+ ~5% of the time and you are not guaranteed to stack him everytime you hit and you wonīt always win when you hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Now, would you call his raise if you were on the button and it was folded to you?
Old 10-01-2007, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Now, would you call his raise if you were on the button and it was folded to you?

[/ QUOTE ]
Probably. Because I am a fish and like to win the lottery as much as next guy.