Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: A player is cheated if his opponent ever calls the clock on him when the opponent has the nuts
Yes 0 0%
No 47 100.00%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-15-2007, 03:44 AM

Default Re: The Official NHL Playoffs Thread

[ QUOTE ]

ps. Having colin campbell not reverse the call means nothing. Has he ever reversed a call?

[/ QUOTE ]

They do it often. They took away Hartnell's misconducts in game 2. They also took away some regular season misconducts on Joe Thornton last year.

ps... there's no question an elbow hit Cheechoo's face. Unless you believe every TV station airing the game edited the video. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I wish the NHL took out the instigator rule. The game would have a lot less [censored] going on right now. Every retired player and most vets have commented on how dirty the game is becoming. Young kids have no respect for each other and can run around like they are 6'8" because they are protected by the instigator rule. No, this isn't about the Sharks or Predators... so you can all hold the "OMG CRY" comments.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:13 AM

bluefox,
you look like an idiot. Please stop arguing. You get mad at people for showing no evidence the hit was clean, yet what is the evidence that it was dirty? Please stop ruining the thread.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:17 AM

i'm tired of this 'young kids have no respect' garbage - yesterday i saw brendan shanahan clearly shove slava kozlov into the boards from behind. brett hull can complain all he wants about the lack of respect - that's an nhl veteran who should know better. ever since i've been watching hockey there've been several dirty plays a year, and i think it's become *less* since the lockout, so hull needs to shut his mouth.

The crosschecks to the face that used to be fairly standard are mostly gone, so that's one thing the new NHL has managed to get rid of.

i think checking from behind should be called more often than it is, and that there should be some sort of more flagrant penalty for most of it - not just 'if the guy gets hurt give him a 5' results-oriented nonsense, but something like a 2 minute PP that doesn't end with a goal on infractions like that. really, it's kind of asinine that shoving a guy face first into glass and lightly tugging on his jersey get the same penalty 90% of the time.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:21 AM

games today:

CGY @ DET - 1 pm
OTT @ PIT - 6 pm
ANA @ MIN - 8 pm
VAN @ DAL - 9:30 pm

those of us with center ice can treat ourselves to about 8 hours of hockey today. shame that ana@min and van@dal don't interest me in the least.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
games today:

CGY @ DET - 1 pm
OTT @ PIT - 6 pm
ANA @ MIN - 8 pm
VAN @ DAL - 9:30 pm

those of us with center ice can treat ourselves to about 8 hours of hockey today. shame that ana@min and van@dal don't interest me in the least.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't 3 of the games on VS? Don't need Center Ice to enjoy the hockey.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:53 PM

For some reason I have been getting Center Ice for free since the last week of the season. My dad doesn't get it at his house though.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For some reason I have been getting Center Ice for free since the last week of the season. My dad doesn't get it at his house though.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's in with the MLB Extra Innings package on some providers - and that is getting a free preview around the country.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:09 PM

Canucks need a big show of dominance tonight @ DAL! Can't get shutout like that again.

GO CANUCKS GO!
Old 04-15-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Man, the Sabres played like [censored] in the 1st period and got out-goaltended.
Gamble - was the crowd as lame as it sounded on tv? WTF

[/ QUOTE ]
I was there for both games and I think this crowd was a little better than the first night. Its not your usual Sabres crowd because so many season tickets holders are selling their tickets.
I also think that Goo Goo Dolls song sucks that they play before the start of the game and it doesn't get me or the crowd fired up at all.

Gamble what do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

...There definitely wasnt the same "buzz" going through the crowd early, I think too msny people are taking the early rounds for granted, and there "fluke" goal and seeing eye goal in the first 10 kinda put the arena on edge with a WTF kinda feeling...

...and that save on Vanek was sick

...in regards to the crowd not being the usual, there was MAYBE handful of Isles fans spattered throughout so it wasnt like a Leafs game where Leafs fans pay 8 million dollars for tickets because its still cheaper than a game in Toronto...

...I think this game was a wake up call for those already making there stanley cup plans...its a long 2 months and anything can happen, especially when 5 of your six goals are from pinching defensemen, but it also gives you a good idea of how good Buffalo is that they can have an opponents goaltender stand on his head, and your offense "slumping" yet take away a couple lucky bounces by the isles and its 2-0 going back to the island....

...we just gotta hope it doesnt happen for 4 games is all
Old 04-15-2007, 02:03 PM

someone better let calgary know they're the 3rd best team in the league soon - they are getting dominated by detroit