Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2006, 05:38 PM

Default Blind Steal

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds, SB calls.

With these 2 opponent both are 65/10/.5 range. My question is after missing the flop and BB bets is this a fold, or is this just to weak? I know ya don't want to make a habit of raise fold. BB most certainly has a piece of this flop and there is virtually no chance to make him fold.

Is there anything good about limping once in awhile from the button against these players?
Old 01-24-2006, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Blind Steal

If his agression is .5 I think it's pretty unlikely he's taking a shot at you on a rainbow board. At the very least he has a 9 if not a K. Heads up I wouldn't mind peeling a card here, but with SB in the pot I think this is a clear fold.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:53 PM

Just fold on the flop and wait for another suitable opportunity. If he's VPIP 65 then you want him to put as much money in the pot pre-flop with a moderate hand, so I think raising's always good in this position
Old 01-24-2006, 05:58 PM

Fold. With those stats and brtting out on the flop, he got a piece of the board. You would be drawing pretty thin and likely have to go to showdown no matter what.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Is there anything good about limping once in awhile from the button against these players?

[/ QUOTE ]

NO. Preflop is where you know you have positive equity, thus it is absolute necessary to raise here. Letting them in with lesser hands is a big mistake.