Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 02:43 AM

Default Imperial Palace vs. Venetian

So I'm doing Vegas in about 2 weeks for my 21st birthday. I'm pretty stoked, obv - I've been doing decent at 100nl recently so I'm excited to try 1/2 and 2/5 live. Anyways, onto the question:

I'm going with 7 other people (generally all semi-broke college kids). We're all super close (been best friends for a while now) so no worries there. We currently have 2 rooms in Imperial Palace (2 queens in each room), but are trying to priceline a Venetian suite.

My friend, who went to Vegas recently and stayed in the Venetian, says the Venetian suites are [censored] nice and big enough for 8 people (2 queens, 2 couches, we don't mind sleeping on floor). We can also priceline Venetian for about the same price as what we are paying for the 2 rooms in Imperial Palace.

My question is: given that we have 8 people, is it worth it to get the bigger and more baller Venetian rooms? Or should we stick with Imperial Palace rooms? Both are about the same price.

We are planning on trying the $20 trick (maybe $40 if we want to make sure it works) regardless of where we stay, so we're hoping to upgrade to bigger/nicer rooms either way.

Thoughts? Comments on what 21 year olds should do/see are welcome as well (besides the obvious gamble and drink). Any tips on getting into clubs?
Old 08-31-2007, 02:45 AM

Default Re: Imperial Palace vs. Venetian

Just curious is it going to be all guys? Because if so definitely spring for the Venetian its way more romantic.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just curious is it going to be all guys? Because if so definitely spring for the Venetian its way more romantic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Something about this makes me LOL hard.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Both are about the same price.

[/ QUOTE ]
a huge WTF here--imperial palace is a dump while venetian is a world class resort--if you can get the venetian for the same price as ip whytf wouldn't you?

also, yes, venetian will be more romantic for you fellas.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:44 AM

Location: just a skinny azzzed short stacking gossip hurling trouble maker

more immoral whores at IP
more upperclass whores at Venetian
Old 08-31-2007, 07:48 AM

If you stay at the Venetian, make sure you get a suite layout that has two queen beds plus a sofabed; sometimes they only have one real bed. An upgrade may actually reduce the number of beds in your room. I don't think it's true that the entry-level suites have a second sofa in addition to the sofabed.

I suspect you're not allowed to sleep 8 people in 1 suite at the Venetian (and if it's allowed, I'm sure there's supposed to be an extra charge involved). I assume you plan to sneakily get around these rules, which is probably not that hard.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:52 AM

The $20 thing. lol

You would just be better off calling your lovers after you get the room and have them meet you in the hallway once you checked in. They would never know you had 8 people in the room.

On a lighter note. I really like the can't find a dry towel due to waking up later than two of the early birds so now your drying off with a hand rag and a blow drier! NICE.

But all seriousness, I would prob. go with the suite and call rooms once you're there and ask for more towels (say there were none or something).
Old 08-31-2007, 09:26 AM

oh, to be in college again...
Old 08-31-2007, 10:55 AM

no question. IP is a pit and smells like ass.
Venetian is fantastic and the poker room is the nuts.
Only real problem with staying at Venetian is that you're a little isolated if on foot. But monorail or taxi is always nearby.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:55 AM

Eight in a room, good luck.Security wise , you're treading on thin ice. People sneak in an extra 1 and occasional 2 for a total of 4 but 8? You're better off at the IP for the rules do allow 4/room and so if caught on a 2/room payment it will just cost some small amt of extra dollars. I can see you being caught at the Venetian and having to pay for another room at prime price. Don't see how you can hide 8.