Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2007, 09:47 AM

Default 3/6 small FD

Both villains are LAG

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $2/$4
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6SB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6BB, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises</font>, Hero folds, CO calls.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (11BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, CO calls.

Results:
Final pot: 13BB
Old 03-12-2007, 09:54 AM

Default Re: 3/6 small FD

I fold it as well

That trapping turn c/r would scare the hell outta me. Would SB really do that with a worse [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]? He has to put you on decent [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

If he indeed made that play with a worse hand its def worth a note.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:21 AM

This does perhaps not look too bad, but the flop play did not make that good of an impression on me. Being a LAG and a preflop raiser, I think there's a decent chance he'll raise behind, making it rather expensive to draw to something that won't necessarily win the hand. It will become awkward later in the hand; the reverse implied odds argument comes to mind (even if it's not exactly the same), if you hit you won't extract that much, but you could lose one or two bets if you're behind to a higher flush. And if one or both of them are crazy, it could be tricky to even if you happen to be ahead.

You could actually be drawing dead on the flop. I would call one bet if I was closing the action, but in this case I actually think it's a rather easy fold.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:29 AM

yes fold the flop.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:43 AM

Yea, I considered folding the flop but I also considered my opposition and my possible 5 overcard outs. CO could have been stealing with anything. SB could be donking with a small club. Also, I think that top pair or a smaller flush will pay me off. Reverse implied is a sound argument but considering what I just added - is reverse implied still reason enough to fold?
Old 03-12-2007, 11:22 AM

I think it looks like you played it right. I think the big question is whether to keep going on the turn right? You're getting 10-1 at this point with the 3rd highest flush but you'll have to pay at least one more on the river to see SD. I don't think your flush is good enough against a c/r'er to pay two BBs.

BTW, is this a pretty standard pre-flop call here? I hate these type of hands against a pf raiser.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, is this a pretty standard pre-flop call here? I hate these type of hands against a pf raiser.

[/ QUOTE ]

A laggy CO raisor is prolly opening 40-50% of his hands and the coldcaller has a wide variety of hands that does not dominate Hero's QT. Folding QTo in this spot is giving up major money IMO and Hero should call much lighter.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it looks like you played it right. I think the big question is whether to keep going on the turn right? You're getting 10-1 at this point with the 3rd highest flush but you'll have to pay at least one more on the river to see SD. I don't think your flush is good enough against a c/r'er to pay two BBs.

[/ QUOTE ]

PF is really dependent on the raiser and caller.

Flop is a fold. The bet on the turn is the biggest mistake in the hand. I will c/c the turn and river from there.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:45 PM

I think the turn bet is ok but I'm folding to a raise in that case.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the turn bet is ok but I'm folding to a raise in that case.

[/ QUOTE ]

SB's flop actions lead me to think he has a good shot at a FD or Kx. I put it at 60% FD and 40% K as a guess. When that turn club hits in this multiway pot a bet will only get a raise from a very strong flush - assuming sane villains.

There was an article on the forums a bit back about optimum play of hands with 4 suited on the board. I'll have to see if I can find it.