Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2007, 03:43 AM

Default How should I play this preflop? H1

In an effort to get better at playing 3bet pots and calling preflop (which will obviously be a minimal but still calling preflop should be a good tool to have in your game instead of always just raise/folding), I have a bunch of hand scenarios that i'm really interested in getting some insight about, they are all somewhat similar as they all deal with preflop play, however i'll be posting them 1 by 1 since I feel like they will get a better quality response.

These are just situations that i've felt like raising, calling and folding are all bad options, hopefully these hands can help other people as well as myself. If these situations seems unbearably easy to you, than please, share the knowledge, that's what we're all here for.

Assume 100BB stacks, and if you could please post what you would do here if the main opponent(usually the first opening villian in all of the hands) is:

a)TAG (18/16/4)
b)LAG (28/24/3)
c)Unknown

Assume 100BB stacks for a full 6max table

Hero is in the BB with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] UTG opens for 4bbs, folded to Hero?

If this is always a 3bet from you, than ok. But if you ever fold here, than what position would the opener have to be in for it to be a 3bet, and is this ever a call, or do callers inbetween just make 3betting that much more appealing?
Old 12-02-2007, 03:47 AM

Default Re: How should I play this preflop? H1

if im utg+1 i sometimes call, if im on the button i sometimes call. and if it folds to me in the blinds i call. usually raise whenever youre in position. and never fold. with callers in between, 3town it.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if im utg+1 i sometimes call, if im on the button i sometimes call. and if it folds to me in the blinds i call. usually raise whenever youre in position. and never fold. with callers in between, 3town it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm kinda confused by your post, you said you call if you're UTG+1 or on the button, but then you said usually raise when you're in position, would you mind clarifying?
Old 12-02-2007, 03:54 AM

i said i sometimes call in those spots...like 1/3 of the time perhaps. still, most of the time im raising in position.