Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2007, 08:37 PM

Default Re: kenny tran

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think Kenny is awesome to watch.

I thought his call on the 3 flush board with 1 pair in the Main Event was the best though.

[/ QUOTE ]
oh wait

[/ QUOTE ]
As usual, stellar work by EC10. You may want to think about knowing wtf you are posting about before trying to rip on someone, (yet again).

[/ QUOTE ]

as usual daliman, you are a retarded clown.

my edit in bold is to reflect his BUSTO hand where he called all in on a 3 flush board with 1 pair facing an overbet shove from some tight passive donk. donk had the nuts, obv. i even wrote "oh wait". [censored].
Old 11-03-2007, 09:39 PM

I would Fitoussi was "bluffing" with QsTs and took Tran to value town.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think Kenny is awesome to watch.

I thought his call on the 3 flush board with 1 pair in the Main Event was the best though.

[/ QUOTE ]
oh wait

[/ QUOTE ]
As usual, stellar work by EC10. You may want to think about knowing wtf you are posting about before trying to rip on someone, (yet again).

[/ QUOTE ]

as usual daliman, you are a retarded clown.

my edit in bold is to reflect his BUSTO hand where he called all in on a 3 flush board with 1 pair facing an overbet shove from some tight passive donk. donk had the nuts, obv. i even wrote "oh wait". [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]
lol
Old 11-03-2007, 11:03 PM

the thing with kenny his that he trusts his reads more than any other player i've seen. his big laydowns often occur early in the hand. if he has a read and decides to call someone down with a marginal hand, he won't change his read, even if the bets get big and his hand looks more and more marginal. when he's wrong in these spots, it looks terrible, as in the QT case in the main event. he will tell you that was just a bad call; he was distracted. to say someone calls too much with marginal hands is to say that they are calling too frequently relative to the pot odds they are offered and the frequency with which their opponent is bluffing. this isn't the case with kenny... in fact there is no one i've played with who plays the river better, and most of this comes down to a seemingly innate hand reading ability. -ba
Old 11-03-2007, 11:10 PM

I CALL YOU !!
Old 11-03-2007, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you never fold, some calls are going to look sick good.

[/ QUOTE ]

bingo!
Old 11-03-2007, 11:50 PM

dumb op. ban plzthx.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When he called with the J high...he showed absolutely no confidence that his hand was good. He looked genuinely surprised when his opponent turned over then immediately starting acting like an idiot. J high in that situation is so standard for limit. Especially when your opponent just calls the flop and turn. He would probably check a non ace pair hoping to win in a showdown since I'm pretty sure Tran reraised a raise before the flop. That narrows the range of hands you can beat pretty quickly and when you get those odds in limit its a standard call. Watching him donk off the rest of his chips with "sick calls" were embarrassing.

Definitely not the "sickest" call ever on TV (see Cunningham ace high in NL ME final table in my book).

[/ QUOTE ]

Reading NL players try to pretend they know enough about limit to judge this play is making my head hurt.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah tard, keep calling people names on the internet to make urself feel better. did i say it was the optimal play? no, i said it was COOL, as in look at me bytches, i put this guy on exactly one hand and i was right. learn to read people's post stupid, i specifically said it wasn't the best play there. do you even know stack sizes? no, you don't. was it impossible for lag to have >30bb, no it wasn't. SNAP! IN YO FACE BYTCH! HEY EVERYBODY, LOOK AT THIS MORAN! BEEN HERE FOR A YR AND CAN'T READ A POST CORRECTLY! LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

You are an idiot
Old 11-04-2007, 03:17 AM

you can go eat a dick, make sure you get a big fat juicy one.