Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2007, 10:05 PM

Default sick 3 hands in a row

Razz ($0.25/$0.50), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.10 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (7.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (6.30 BB)

Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___raises
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls $0.35 (all-in)
Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls

6th Street - (16.00 BB)

Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___all-in
Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls

River - (19.00 BB)

Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___all-in
Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___bets
Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___calls

Total pot: (22.00 BB - $11)
Old 09-07-2007, 11:46 PM

Default Re: sick 3 hands in a row

I'm assuming Seat 4 drew out on the river? Because otherwise this all looks normal too.

As a side note, seat 4's raise on 5th is interesting. At first glance, seems like a bad move unless you know Hero is paired, but now that I think about it, I think Sklansky mentioned something like that, betting with the second best hand in to either get the worse hands to fold or make them pay to draw, and especially if Seat 4 has a wheel draw, probably a good move.

Of course, I don't think Seat 4 was thinking that, since he didn't cap, but still, I think that's an interesting part of this hand.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm assuming Seat 4 drew out on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]
Looked to me like 3 and 7 both had better hands. I hate these big multiway pots.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:16 AM

seat 4 sucked out. I was ahead of all of them =P
Old 09-08-2007, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm assuming Seat 4 drew out on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]
Looked to me like 3 and 7 both had better hands. I hate these big multiway pots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but if Seat 3 had won, wouldn't have been quite as "sick" of a hand. And Seat 7 likely would've raised if hit.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
seat 4 sucked out. I was ahead of all of them =P

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe you! But wait, was this FT? Did you take into account the switching of downcards when they show? Might explain his betting behavior.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:35 PM

Hero has a board lock on Seat 4 on 6th.

Also, in order for the other guys to have better hands, because of their cards, they'd have to have 75's or better.
* The guy showing A45 would need to have 73, 72, 63 or 62 in the hole
* The guy showing A35 would have to have 74, 72, 64 or 62 in the hole
account for are: 2 sevens, 1 six, 2 fours, 2 threes, 2 twos. This cuts down the number of possible hands that are currently beating him considerably. It also probably means that his opponents need to draw one of these cards and so they have far fewer outs than usual.

Hero is a huge money favorite on 5th. He's putting in 1/4 of the money but will probably win the pot more than 50% of the time. I haven't done the numbers on 6th but since only one player improved I expect he still has nice equity. The bad news: he will lose almost 50% of the time. But this is OK: when you lose, you lose your part of the pot (less than 1/4) and when you win you win the whole thing, and since you win more than half the time, you make lotso money. It is important to remember, if possible (for tilt control reasons perhaps) that there are a lot of situations in poker where you will lose and/or feel fooling the majority of the time, but still make money in the process. It seems like doing the right thing needs to work "most of the time" but that just isn't true (dang ole pot odds again)

I don't blame you for your call on the end, but I do want to point out two things:
* There is almost no side pot so Seat 4 is probably not going to bluff into 3 players, one of whom can't fold and whos' showing a pretty nice board.
* What is Seat 7 calling with? Calling after another player requires you to be a little more sure of your hand in general, especially since there is a player all in. Still I think you just have to close your eyes and click call here.

Next time river a 3.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero has a board lock on Seat 4 on 6th.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero has 5/A and Seat 4 has 4/3. So, I'm not seeing the boardlock.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:40 PM

On 6th, you have to use 3 of your cards to make your best hand. The best possible hand Seat 4 can have on 6th is 8432A and hero has 7652A. I'm not saying seat 4 is drawing dead, just that there is no hand he could have on 6th that beats ceegee. (Maybe this is not the correct usage of the term "board lock" which I always have taken to mean, there is no hand villain has which can beat mine. Does it really mean that he's drawing dead?)

(I was just responding to your statement about switching of hole cards - the hole cards don't matter in the case of seat 4 because he had to have drawn out on the river. The other 2 players could potentially have had better hands, although depending on the hole cards sometimes you can rule that out)