Old 12-02-2007, 05:12 AM

Default Re: Official Washington exposes Hawai\'i the Fraud Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Did June Jones not give you a reach around one night or something

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but it's pretty apparent he *did* give you one at some point.

[/ QUOTE ]

And somehow you're a mod of this forum. You're pathetic. It must be nice being buddies with Mat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to sound like a 5 year old and point out that you started it, but, wtf?

[/ QUOTE ]

Clark has resorted to "haha" and other completely illogical arguments. I am just calling him out on his hypocrisy following the pregame statement that the Huskies would "pwn the heck out of the Rainbows".

That didn't happen, and all he's done is say "I still wasn't wrong." If you can't see how frustrating it can be arguing with a guy who was CLEARLY wrong and not only won't admit it, but says he was RIGHT...damn.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Well, according to this forum, the #8 team (USC) is light years ahead of the #12 team (Hawaii). As of last week's BCS standings, #2 WV and #3 OSU are pretty close. What about when Auburn went undefeated in the SEC and was #3, missed out on the championship game where USC smoked Oklahoma. I think a #3 team has a much more valid argument in making the championship game than some 3 loss team does for the 8th seed in a playoff, especially when #2 and #3 have equal records and similar SOS.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure my point isn't invalidated by cherry picking the biggest dichotomy ever between 8 and 12, and the smallest ever between 2 and 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was making an example using this years rankings, which remain true, whoever the #3 team is this year ESPECIALLY will have a big argument that they should be in. The fact remains that most often the #3 team who has the same record as a #2 team is going to have a more legit argument than some 2-3 loss #9-12 team. Remember the year FSU got picked to play in the NC as #2 with one loss...to #3 Miami who also had 1 loss (and was ranked #2 in both polls)? Oh yeah...the #4 team, UW appropriately, also had 1 loss, AND THEY BEAT MIAMI! Those are legit arguments to play for a title. Those are reasons why there needs to be a playoff.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Washington wasn't a "decent school from a power conference", they were a decent school that got drubbed by most of a power conference.

[/ QUOTE ]

They got "drubbed"???

Sat, Sep 22 at UCLA L 31-44 --
Sat, Sep 29 (1) USC L 24-27 --
Sat, Oct 13 at (14) Arizona State L 20-44 --
Sat, Oct 20 (7) Oregon L 34-55 --
Sat, Oct 27 Arizona L 41-48 --
Sat, Nov 3 at Stanford W 27-9 --
Sat, Nov 10 at Oregon State L 23-29 --
Sat, Nov 17 California W 37-23 --
Sat, Nov 24 Washington State L 35-42 --
Old 12-02-2007, 05:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know why you don't think they're BCS worthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I don't think they are a top 25 team.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Did June Jones not give you a reach around one night or something

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but it's pretty apparent he *did* give you one at some point.

[/ QUOTE ]

And somehow you're a mod of this forum. You're pathetic. It must be nice being buddies with Mat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, you name-call and make initiate reach-around jokes, but I'm the pathetic one. Nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, well, enough "haha" one-liners and a complete refusal to base any of your arguments about Hawaii in anything resembling facts will do that to a guy.

You said before the game that Washington was scrappy and underrated. Better than their record. You said they would pwn the heck out of Hawaii.

Well, that didn't happen. Then when Hawaii won, you went and threw Washington under the bus for that very record you said they were better than. What do you expect me to do? Agree with THAT?
Old 12-02-2007, 05:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

How is it hypocritical. Getting dominated by a last place major conference team early then luckboxing out a late win do nothing but prove that they are a fraud who deserves zero top 25 votes.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow instead of "luckboxing out late wins" maybe they should lose twice?

or maybe they should beat michigan state by a touchdown and lose to a 4 loss team?

It is a good thing we have voters who seem impressed with the way ohio state and lsu lost, so we don't have luckboxing undefeated hawai'i playing for anything.

i think equally as insane as the hawai'i debacle is kansas. they play in THE BIG TWELVE and have lost ONE game (to the #3 team in the country). Yet they are behind TWO LOSS lsu.

So in other words, now not only is every single team not in a major conference's season mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, now we can deduce that half the teams in the major conferences don't have a chance either.

why don't we just take ohio st, texas, oklahoma, lsu, florida, usc, and create a playoff with those two teams. Then we could save the effort of watching the the charade of the rest of the college football season.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why on earth are you responding to me? I did not say that quote you quoted.