Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 12-02-2007, 05:05 AM

Default Re: Official Washington exposes Hawai\'i the Fraud Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Did June Jones not give you a reach around one night or something

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but it's pretty apparent he *did* give you one at some point.

[/ QUOTE ]

And somehow you're a mod of this forum. You're pathetic. It must be nice being buddies with Mat.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Clark, why do you hate Hawaii? This is the third time I've asked you this, and you never answer. You keep calling them the Rainbows in a mocking way, despite several people pointing out thats no longer they're name. Why are you doing this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't hate Hawaii. I just think it's pretty apparent they aren't BCS bowl worthy, let alone title game. It's funny to me that no one really thinks they are good enough, but still defend it as if they are.

And what's wrong with calling them the Rainbows? I still call Syracuse the Orangemen.

FWIW, one of my best friends played football there and I congratulated him on their win. Even he admits they really aren't that good.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:08 AM

the good news is that all these posts are after 4AM eastern and have never really happened

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For the record, I do think Hawaii should get a spot in the BCS. I'm just quite sure this game didn't show they deserve one.

[/ QUOTE ]

This game might've showed why they're not ready for the title game.

What it showed me is that they battled back from their own mistakes and STILL racked up tons of yards in the air (even though you'd think defenses know that's what's coming) and won a close game against a decent school from a "power" conference. That's just a tough football team. They aren't the biggest or the fastest, but they play the game hard.

[/ QUOTE ]
Washington wasn't a "decent school from a power conference", they were a decent school that got drubbed by most of a power conference. What this game showed me is they are decent, and fought and played well to keep their undefeated record. I think they do deserve a spot in the BCS, but this game didn't prove that, this combined with the rest of their season did.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And somehow you're a mod of this forum. You're pathetic. It must be nice being buddies with Mat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to sound like a 5 year old and point out that you started it, but, wtf?
Old 12-02-2007, 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

How is it hypocritical. Getting dominated by a last place major conference team early then luckboxing out a late win do nothing but prove that they are a fraud who deserves zero top 25 votes.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow instead of "luckboxing out late wins" maybe they should lose twice?

or maybe they should beat michigan state by a touchdown and lose to a 4 loss team?

It is a good thing we have voters who seem impressed with the way ohio state and lsu lost, so we don't have luckboxing undefeated hawai'i playing for anything.

i think equally as insane as the hawai'i debacle is kansas. they play in THE BIG TWELVE and have lost ONE game (to the #3 team in the country). Yet they are behind TWO LOSS lsu.

So in other words, now not only is every single team not in a major conference's season mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, now we can deduce that half the teams in the major conferences don't have a chance either.

why don't we just take ohio st, texas, oklahoma, lsu, florida, usc, and create a playoff with those two teams. Then we could save the effort of watching the the charade of the rest of the college football season.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Clark, why do you hate Hawaii? This is the third time I've asked you this, and you never answer. You keep calling them the Rainbows in a mocking way, despite several people pointing out thats no longer they're name. Why are you doing this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't hate Hawaii. I just think it's pretty apparent they aren't BCS bowl worthy, let alone title game. It's funny to me that no one really thinks they are good enough, but still defend it as if they are.

And what's wrong with calling them the Rainbows? I still call Syracuse the Orangemen.

FWIW, one of my best friends played football there and I congratulated him on their win. Even he admits they really aren't that good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know why you don't think they're BCS worthy. Aside from the BCS being a complete joke, they may not be title-game worthy, but they have beaten everybody they have faced. They have done it impressively most of the time, and have shown great fortitude when they're down.

Defenses KNOW they're getting thrown on and Brennan still goes off for nearly 500 every single game. He's been injured on and off most of this year, including that concussion. What more could they do without petitioning the NCAA to let them be in the Pac 10 or another "power" conference?
Old 12-02-2007, 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, you name-call and make initiate reach-around jokes, but I'm the pathetic one. Nice.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If Hawaii is that good, they win in playoffs.

If Hawaii sucks, they get killed first round, discussion over.

[/ QUOTE ]
This argument is illogical for advocating a playoff. If Hawaii is a fraud, they would likely take a playoff spot away from a team that actually had a better chance of winning than they did. It's not like the NCAA basketball tourney where almost any team that has even a remote chance of winning is included. In an 8-team playoff including Hawaii, it would probably exclude ASU and Tennessee would would both beat the [censored] out of Hawaii.

[/ QUOTE ]

Going into the season most teams know that if they lose even once that theres a chance they won't get a title shot. Most teams fully expect that if they lose twice that they'll have no title shot. Therefore, I refuse to feel bad for those teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. I also laugh at the people that say "well...the number 2 team in X conference is most likely better than the number 1 team in Y conference." Whatever, win your damn conference and then there isn't a [censored] question. The point of a playoff system isn't to give every "good" team a title shot every year, it's to make sure that every team that has earned a shot, gets it. LSU won the SEC, they deserve a title shot, tOSU won the Big Ten, they deserve a title shot, Oklahoma won the Big 12, they deserve a title shot. If a playoff system gave Hawaii a title shot and Missouri starts whining cuz they think they are better than Hawaii, [censored] YOU! YOU WOULDN'T HAVE A TITLE SHOT IN THE BCS ANYHOW SO JUST WIN YOUR CONFERENCE! AND YOU GET TITLE SHOT! Its a [censored] simple solution.

[/ QUOTE ]
How do you people not realize this is the exact same situation except extended to more teams?
Old 12-02-2007, 05:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm good close personal friends with many of the Ohio St CURRENT players and they all told me that they truly feel as if Hawaii is the best team in the nation.