Oct 7 Utah St. Won 52-37
Oct 12 @San Jose St. Won 42-35
Oct 28 New Mexico St. Won 50-13
Nov 10 Fresno St. Won 37-30
Nov 16 @Nevada Won 28-26
Nov 23 Boise St. Won 39-27
Dec 1 Washington Won 35-28

[/ QUOTE ]

How many mid-level teams from major conferences could win all of these games? What about another mid-major like Central Michigan who actually played some decent big conference teams? Yes, they won the games and that is important, but seriously - this schedule is FULL of creampuffs.

I think Hawaii should get (and will get) a BCS bid, but they will most likely get mauled, but it will be an interesting game to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Put in the words "Boise State" for "Hawaii" and transport yourself back to January. Ask the Sooners about that little "mid-major" team who did nothing but "play creampuffs".

Hell, ask Michigan, who lost to a 1-AA creampuff at home to start this season.

If you honestly don't see how this team, due to their playing style, has a puncher's chance in almost any game, that's amazing.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:54 AM

Default Re: Official Washington exposes Hawai\'i the Fraud Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, you're destroying your credibility here.

[/ QUOTE ]

This from the guy arguing they should be in the title game.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:54 AM

Clark, stop saying LSU/UGA. A close win won't let LSU jump 3 spots. It will be LSU v. Hawaii in the Sugar Bowl.

And Hawaii just knows how to win.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Date Opponent Time/Result
Sep 2 Northern Colorado Won 63-6
Sep 8 @Louisiana Tech Won 45-44
Sep 15 @UNLV Won 49-14
Sep 23 Charleston Southern Won 66-10
Sep 29 @Idaho Won 48-20
Oct 7 Utah St. Won 52-37
Oct 12 @San Jose St. Won 42-35
Oct 28 New Mexico St. Won 50-13
Nov 10 Fresno St. Won 37-30
Nov 16 @Nevada Won 28-26
Nov 23 Boise St. Won 39-27
Dec 1 Washington Won 35-28

[/ QUOTE ]

How many mid-level teams from major conferences could win all of these games? What about another mid-major like Central Michigan who actually played some decent big conference teams? Yes, they won the games and that is important, but seriously - this schedule is FULL of creampuffs.

I think Hawaii should get (and will get) a BCS bid, but they will most likely get mauled, but it will be an interesting game to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

There might be 30 teams that could go undefeated against that schedule.

[/ QUOTE ]

You haven't provided one solid point of proof for anything in this thread.

Name 20 of those 30 teams and give reasons why you think they would. Or don't, and just say "haha" because you must be drunk tonight the way you're talking straight out your ass.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:56 AM

For the record, I do think Hawaii should get a spot in the BCS. I'm just quite sure this game didn't show they deserve one.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If Hawaii is that good, they win in playoffs.

If Hawaii sucks, they get killed first round, discussion over.

[/ QUOTE ]
This argument is illogical for advocating a playoff. If Hawaii is a fraud, they would likely take a playoff spot away from a team that actually had a better chance of winning than they did. It's not like the NCAA basketball tourney where almost any team that has even a remote chance of winning is included. In an 8-team playoff including Hawaii, it would probably exclude ASU and Tennessee would would both beat the [censored] out of Hawaii.

[/ QUOTE ]

right

in addition to the huge advantage it would give the team seeded, mythically, as #1 with having one less game on the way to the title

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying a playoff system is perfect, no system is. But is a million times better than the trainwreck that exists now. I would much rather have a slightly flawed system where teams could fight it out on the field than a [censored] system based on popular opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I just don't think it's a playoff is a "more perfect" system. In general, the difference between the #12 team and the #8 team is less than the difference between #2 and #3 (at least imo, I'm open to arguments that's not true). With the amount of variance in college football, any top 8 team can win the tournament. So a tournament just adds more selection bias and, to at least a small extent, cheapens regular season performance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, according to this forum, the #8 team (USC) is light years ahead of the #12 team (Hawaii). As of last week's BCS standings, #2 WV and #3 OSU are pretty close. What about when Auburn went undefeated in the SEC and was #3, missed out on the championship game where USC smoked Oklahoma. I think a #3 team has a much more valid argument in making the championship game than some 3 loss team does for the 8th seed in a playoff, especially when #2 and #3 have equal records and similar SOS.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Clark, stop saying LSU/UGA. A close win won't let LSU jump 3 spots. It will be LSU v. Hawaii in the Sugar Bowl.

And Hawaii just knows how to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait til the ESPN hype machine kicks up. The same thing got Texas in over Cal a few years ago. Georgia's spot is far from safe. Remember, these people have voted LSU #1 twice. Voters love that team, and the "UGA didn't even win their division" hype could get them.

I don't even have an opinion. I do know that both teams would beat the snot out of the Rainbows.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For the record, I do think Hawaii should get a spot in the BCS. I'm just quite sure this game didn't show they deserve one.

[/ QUOTE ]

This game might've showed why they're not ready for the title game.

What it showed me is that they battled back from their own mistakes and STILL racked up tons of yards in the air (even though you'd think defenses know that's what's coming) and won a close game against a decent school from a "power" conference. That's just a tough football team. They aren't the biggest or the fastest, but they play the game hard.

Do you know how many top 50 sagarin teams they've beaten? 1, Boise State. That schedule is a joke, don't try and act like it isn't.

Also, putting up points on Washington isn't hard, especially though the air, they're 87th in passing efficiency defense before this game.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If Hawaii is that good, they win in playoffs.

If Hawaii sucks, they get killed first round, discussion over.

[/ QUOTE ]
This argument is illogical for advocating a playoff. If Hawaii is a fraud, they would likely take a playoff spot away from a team that actually had a better chance of winning than they did. It's not like the NCAA basketball tourney where almost any team that has even a remote chance of winning is included. In an 8-team playoff including Hawaii, it would probably exclude ASU and Tennessee would would both beat the [censored] out of Hawaii.

[/ QUOTE ]

Going into the season most teams know that if they lose even once that theres a chance they won't get a title shot. Most teams fully expect that if they lose twice that they'll have no title shot. Therefore, I refuse to feel bad for those teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

and I refuse to feel bad for midmajors who are more than willing to jump into the adult pool knowing the rules beforehand

if they didn't want it that way, they could compete at the lower level, yet every school jumps at the chance

no pity here

they already make out like bandits in NCAAB tourney...eff them