Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 12-02-2007, 04:48 AM

Default Re: Official Washington exposes Hawai\'i the Fraud Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Nothing inconsistent at all with what I said. I never said the Rainbows would go winless in the Pac10. It's pretty obvious though that if they played in any of the major conferences they'd be lucky to be .500.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clark, come on. You're being dishonest and you know it. Yes technically you didn't contradict yourself. But before the game you brought up positive points about the Huskies and said that you thought they would win. After the game you bring up negative points about the Huskies to downgrade Hawaii's win.

While both the positive and negative points may not contradict each other(and both may be true) its clear that you have an agenda. Why exactly do you hate Hawaii so much?
Old 12-02-2007, 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Colt Brennan:

42 for 50, 442 yards, 5 TDs. 6 for 6 on the last drive of the game.

Jesus tap dancing Christ Clark, if that's "luck" I'd hate to see him actually play well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, with stats like that this team must've just annihilated their opposition all year right? Right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Date Opponent Time/Result
Sep 2 Northern Colorado Won 63-6
Sep 8 @Louisiana Tech Won 45-44
Sep 15 @UNLV Won 49-14
Sep 23 Charleston Southern Won 66-10
Sep 29 @Idaho Won 48-20
Oct 7 Utah St. Won 52-37
Oct 12 @San Jose St. Won 42-35
Oct 28 New Mexico St. Won 50-13
Nov 10 Fresno St. Won 37-30
Nov 16 @Nevada Won 28-26
Nov 23 Boise St. Won 39-27
Dec 1 Washington Won 35-28

Well, from the looks of it, they're 12-0. They pounded a lot of teams, and Boise and Fresno are Bowl teams in their conference. What's good enough for you? Do they have to win each game 70-0 to get the Clarkmeister seal of "I'll stop being a hypocrite finally"?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're missing the OT designation on that schedule.

Yeah, that's a legit schedule, right? Makes Kansas look like a team that ran the freaking gauntlet by comparison.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
clark,

when your QB is 42/49 with a zillion yards and 5 TDs how can you possibly argue they were outplayed? Without those fluky fumbles this would have been a rout.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha

[/ QUOTE ]

Typical. Don't respond to the claim. Just laugh even though you know you're wrong.

I'm telling you, you're genius. Hawaii loses and you get to say "I told you so!" Hawaii wins and you bust out the "well, Washington is last place in the Pac-10" [censored]. You're awful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, they had a nice little season slipping by one of the worst schedules in the nation with no losses when they probabaly should've had 2. Be happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

They beat everybody that was put in front of them. That's more than you can say for Illinois, or Ohio State, or that joke of a BCS title contender LSU.

All you can ever ask of any team is to go and take care of business. They did it, and they keep getting ducked by the big schools. That's all there is to it.

I never said they should be BCS champs, but they should get the respect they've earned.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Clark,

With all the [censored] you were talking about Hawaii early in the game, I can only assume that you haven't followed the Huskies much this year. They have played impressively in the first half or first three quarters before, only to implode late in the game.

I still agree with you that Hawaii is not very good, but it might take a BCS team better than 8th in its conference to expose them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, this was a BCS team that is last in its conference and they pretty much DID expose them.

Anyone want to guess what the spread vs. Georgia/LSU will be? 20?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your words in the other thread were "pwned the heck out of the Rainbows".

You talk all this [censored] cutting down Hawaii and then when they win a tough game, you cut down the team they beat? That's about as hypocritical as it gets, man. Worst. Argument. Ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is it hypocritical. Getting dominated by a last place major conference team early then luckboxing out a late win do nothing but prove that they are a fraud who deserves zero top 25 votes.

[/ QUOTE ]

How on earth did they luckbox? Dude, you're destroying your credibility here. They outgained them significantly. They lost the turnover battle and missed out on 6 points due to their kicker being hurt....and they still won by 7. Again I'll ask: Why do you hate Hawaii? You're clearly biased.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If Hawaii is that good, they win in playoffs.

If Hawaii sucks, they get killed first round, discussion over.

[/ QUOTE ]
This argument is illogical for advocating a playoff. If Hawaii is a fraud, they would likely take a playoff spot away from a team that actually had a better chance of winning than they did. It's not like the NCAA basketball tourney where almost any team that has even a remote chance of winning is included. In an 8-team playoff including Hawaii, it would probably exclude ASU and Tennessee would would both beat the [censored] out of Hawaii.

[/ QUOTE ]

right

in addition to the huge advantage it would give the team seeded, mythically, as #1 with having one less game on the way to the title

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying a playoff system is perfect, no system is. But is a million times better than the trainwreck that exists now. I would much rather have a slightly flawed system where teams could fight it out on the field than a [censored] system based on popular opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I just don't think it's a playoff is a "more perfect" system. In general, the difference between the #12 team and the #8 team is less than the difference between #2 and #3 (at least imo, I'm open to arguments that's not true). With the amount of variance in college football, any top 8 team can win the tournament. So a tournament just adds more selection bias and, to at least a small extent, cheapens regular season performance.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If Hawaii is that good, they win in playoffs.

If Hawaii sucks, they get killed first round, discussion over.

[/ QUOTE ]
This argument is illogical for advocating a playoff. If Hawaii is a fraud, they would likely take a playoff spot away from a team that actually had a better chance of winning than they did. It's not like the NCAA basketball tourney where almost any team that has even a remote chance of winning is included. In an 8-team playoff including Hawaii, it would probably exclude ASU and Tennessee would would both beat the [censored] out of Hawaii.

[/ QUOTE ]

Going into the season most teams know that if they lose even once that theres a chance they won't get a title shot. Most teams fully expect that if they lose twice that they'll have no title shot. Therefore, I refuse to feel bad for those teams.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I never said they should be BCS champs, but they should get the respect they've earned.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're getting the respect they've earned alright. To the tune of 25pt dogs against LSU/UGA in the Sugar Bowl as the last at large team taken because the Sugar Bowl is FORCED to. Congrats.

[ QUOTE ]

Sep 15 @UNLV Won 49-14
Sep 29 @Idaho Won 48-20
Oct 7 Utah St. Won 52-37
Nov 16 @Nevada Won 28-26

[/ QUOTE ]

How many mid-level teams from major conferences could win all of these games? What about another mid-major like Central Michigan who actually played some decent big conference teams? Yes, they won the games and that is important, but seriously - this schedule is FULL of creampuffs.

I think Hawaii should get (and will get) a BCS bid, but they will most likely get mauled, but it will be an interesting game to watch.

[ QUOTE ]
Boise State's blowout of Oregon State was much better than any of Hawaii's wins this year, and overall they were much more impressive in the Wac. Last year Boise would have been a good team in any conference, Hawaii this year, not so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they compete for the Big East title and for their division in the ACC. Not favorites in either but certainly competitive.

Other conferences I think they are in the middle.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Sep 15 @UNLV Won 49-14
Sep 29 @Idaho Won 48-20
Oct 7 Utah St. Won 52-37
Nov 16 @Nevada Won 28-26

[/ QUOTE ]

How many mid-level teams from major conferences could win all of these games? What about another mid-major like Central Michigan who actually played some decent big conference teams? Yes, they won the games and that is important, but seriously - this schedule is FULL of creampuffs.

I think Hawaii should get (and will get) a BCS bid, but they will most likely get mauled, but it will be an interesting game to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

There might be 30 teams that could go undefeated against that schedule.