Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 12-02-2007, 04:43 AM

Default Re: Official Washington exposes Hawai\'i the Fraud Thread

FWIW, I think Illinois in the Rose Bowl is a way worse indictment of the BCS system than anything involving Hawaii.

Listen, I've been on the anti-Hawaii train all year. They played a terrible schedule early in the year and they'll likely get roasted by LSU or Georgia.

However, they went 12-0 including winning 3 fairly difficult games that I personally expected them to lose. At this point, just give them their shot to pull a miracle against an SEC power in the Sugar Bowl and if they do it, maybe give them a share of the title. What's wrong with that?
Old 12-02-2007, 04:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
clark,

when your QB is 42/49 with a zillion yards and 5 TDs how can you possibly argue they were outplayed? Without those fluky fumbles this would have been a rout.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha

[/ QUOTE ]

Typical. Don't respond to the claim. Just laugh even though you know you're wrong.

I'm telling you, you're genius. Hawaii loses and you get to say "I told you so!" Hawaii wins and you bust out the "well, Washington is last place in the Pac-10" [censored]. You're awful.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:44 AM

Linda Cohn appears to have some decent boobs.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If Hawaii is that good, they win in playoffs.

If Hawaii sucks, they get killed first round, discussion over.

[/ QUOTE ]
This argument is illogical for advocating a playoff. If Hawaii is a fraud, they would likely take a playoff spot away from a team that actually had a better chance of winning than they did. It's not like the NCAA basketball tourney where almost any team that has even a remote chance of winning is included. In an 8-team playoff including Hawaii, it would probably exclude ASU and Tennessee would would both beat the [censored] out of Hawaii.

[/ QUOTE ]

right

in addition to the huge advantage it would give the team seeded, mythically, as #1 with having one less game on the way to the title

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying a playoff system is perfect, no system is. But is a million times better than the trainwreck that exists now. I would much rather have a slightly flawed system where teams could fight it out on the field than a [censored] system based on popular opinion.

[ QUOTE ]
Colt Brennan:

42 for 50, 442 yards, 5 TDs. 6 for 6 on the last drive of the game.

Jesus tap dancing Christ Clark, if that's "luck" I'd hate to see him actually play well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, with stats like that this team must've just annihilated their opposition all year right? Right?
Old 12-02-2007, 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Colt Brennan:

42 for 50, 442 yards, 5 TDs. 6 for 6 on the last drive of the game.

Jesus tap dancing Christ Clark, if that's "luck" I'd hate to see him actually play well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, with stats like that this team must've just annihilated their opposition all year right? Right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Date Opponent Time/Result
Sep 2 Northern Colorado Won 63-6
Sep 8 @Louisiana Tech Won 45-44
Sep 15 @UNLV Won 49-14
Sep 23 Charleston Southern Won 66-10
Sep 29 @Idaho Won 48-20
Oct 7 Utah St. Won 52-37
Oct 12 @San Jose St. Won 42-35
Oct 28 New Mexico St. Won 50-13
Nov 10 Fresno St. Won 37-30
Nov 16 @Nevada Won 28-26
Nov 23 Boise St. Won 39-27
Dec 1 Washington Won 35-28

Well, from the looks of it, they're 12-0. They pounded a lot of teams, and Boise and Fresno are Bowl teams in their conference. What's good enough for you? Do they have to win each game 70-0 to get the Clarkmeister seal of "I'll stop being a hypocrite finally"?
Old 12-02-2007, 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Listen, I've been on the anti-Hawaii train all year. They played a terrible schedule early in the year and they'll likely get roasted by LSU or Georgia.

However, they went 12-0 including winning 3 fairly difficult games that I personally expected them to lose. At this point, just give them their shot to pull a miracle against an SEC power in the Sugar Bowl and if they do it, maybe give them a share of the title. What's wrong with that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I pretty much agree with this. Nice to see Edge34 taking the personal attack route yet again.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
clark,

when your QB is 42/49 with a zillion yards and 5 TDs how can you possibly argue they were outplayed? Without those fluky fumbles this would have been a rout.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha

[/ QUOTE ]

Typical. Don't respond to the claim. Just laugh even though you know you're wrong.

I'm telling you, you're genius. Hawaii loses and you get to say "I told you so!" Hawaii wins and you bust out the "well, Washington is last place in the Pac-10" [censored]. You're awful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, they had a nice little season slipping by one of the worst schedules in the nation with no losses when they probabaly should've had 2. Be happy.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I pretty much agree with this. Nice to see Edge34 taking the personal attack route yet again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh shut it. I'm pointing out how big of a hypocrite Clark is being, and if you can't see that, its sad. I haven't made one personal "attack".

[ QUOTE ]

Sep 8 @Louisiana Tech Won 45-44
Oct 12 @San Jose St. Won 42-35
Nov 10 Fresno St. Won 37-30
Nov 16 @Nevada Won 28-26
Dec 1 Washington Won 35-28

[/ QUOTE ]