Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 12:30 PM

Default Re: best line?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yeah I bet for protection/value and call a shove

[/ QUOTE ]

if all the money gets in here youre probably [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

in 2005, yeah

not in 2007, holla
Old 10-08-2007, 12:52 PM

im super happy to get the money in now
Old 10-08-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

meh. 150 bb deep plus tight player plus jfish not being as crazy as krantz/cts. not at all clear he should be bet/calling there. w/your image i think bet 700 and fold to a push is prob right
Old 10-08-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pls explain, I can't see anybody being very happy here to get it all in. All you got is a bluff catcher versus almost any tag here so it's mostly a matter of do you think he is capable of making those bluffs and even then I don't think he is making this bluff often enough to make it profitable, maybe if you think he is playing light and taking a bit of a stand as Jfish said he has repopped him couple times now in a short time frame
Old 10-08-2007, 02:03 PM

I don`t get a lot of the responses. We are not very often behind and want to get value out of worse hands. I`m not that happy about getting all the money in on this turn either but there`s just too much value we miss not betting here.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:43 PM

if u think he semi bluffs clubs on the flop, easier b/c (cause he could be doing this with a lot of turned combo draws and u assume he semi bluffs clubs...) and if he sees u as very aggro/loose, tougher to b/c as he is likely looking to c/r turn on u if he did make his flush. I don't think he ever shows up here with a hand that beats u except clubs unless he played it very tricky and not +EV prob. I don't c him c/c this turn very often so if u bet u should know what ur gonna do if he shoves
Old 10-08-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

meh. 150 bb deep plus tight player plus jfish not being as crazy as krantz/cts. not at all clear he should be bet/calling there. w/your image i think bet 700 and fold to a push is prob right

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with FWF here.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with FWF here.

[/ QUOTE ]

So do I but I was kind of wondering how somebody can say they like getting the money in here like Krantz and CTS do, ok, Krantz already shown he is pretty sick but wouldn't have expected it from CTS (although I am not really in debt into he is playing style obviously, but always thought he was very solid and the type of person that rarely got out of line...

Can somebody maybe explain why certain players would like to get the money in here, I mean you can debate whether you're b/f'ing or b/c'ing but calling in that spot and actually feel good about it seems very odd to me...
Old 10-08-2007, 04:37 PM

thats actually not a bad turn card because as agressive as these games are, theres a very good chance he would have c-raised a flushdraw, so bet and get it in, if you were ahead on the flop you are still now.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but wouldn't have expected it from CTS (although I am not really in debt into he is playing style obviously, but always thought he was very solid and the type of person that rarely got out of line...

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[ QUOTE ]

Can somebody maybe explain why certain players would like to get the money in here, I mean you can debate whether you're b/f'ing or b/c'ing but calling in that spot and actually feel good about it seems very odd to me...

[/ QUOTE ]

They feel good about it because they are confident that it is +EV to get it in at that point, all things considered. That doesn't necessarily mean they are making a ton of money in that spot vs his range, but +EV is +EV.