Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2007, 01:19 AM

Default 2/4 AK in the SB. Can u find a fold here?

Some thoughts on this hand would be appreciated. I usually slow down when I get c/r on the turn like this....Can you find a fold here? And where?

Btw I know I should cap preflop. Not sure what I was thinking. Villain is 34/1/2.6 over 90 hands (lol).

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (7 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB
Old 07-04-2007, 01:25 AM

Default Re: 2/4 AK in the SB. Can u find a fold here?

not c/r on turn [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
dunno if i can raise river...it didn't change anything. i guess just call river.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:26 AM

For me, the pot is too big to fold. Your getting at least 10:1 on the turn and the river is even worse.

Sure you probably beaten but for me the pot is to damn big.

Of course this could be one of my major leaks.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:32 AM

Well yeah. I mean the only hands I'm beating are like AT, lol. This hand is just a small sample of what I *believe* is a leak in my game: Whenever I get c/r'd in a multiway pot on the turn, it seems like I always lose and would have been better off just folding the damn turn. This is of course when I have a hand like TPTK or an overpair.

In this specific hand I wasn't check raised but you get my drift. Sudden turn aggression usually means bad news, lol.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:39 AM

Even with the raise on the turn, you still have the odds to try and outdraw on the river even if you are behind.

There is a possibility of QJ as well that you just beat. To me it just seems that you are not beat more than 92% of the time.

I think it is just one of those times where you have to call down. Size of pot dictates.
Old 07-04-2007, 05:02 AM

- The flop 3-bet is a bit outta line. He LRR you preflop so I would just try to get to SD expecting a big hand fairly often. If the flop was A22 I wouldnt mind the 3-bet.

- You cant fold the turn. You have been owned pretty badly so far in the hand. Folding a 4 outer to the nuts (no he doesnt have a K when you are behind) getting 10:1 is pretty terrible.

- The river is close. I would c/c hoping to see another AK. But I think you are screwed a lot.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:57 AM

So it sounds like everyone is advocating going into calldown mode once he raises the flop.

And I didn't even notice the limp reraise.

Villain showed AQo and MHING.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:20 AM

Limp/rr with AQ is not one of my moves but when he does it and then raises you on the flop his hand is usually a lot better than your AK here.

Hard to find a fold since we might have outs or a split but I would just call down from the flopraise since I can't find any value in raising the flop or donking the turn if you're not folding to his raise.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:51 AM

Thanks for all the help guys. Seriously.

By the way, here is another example of me being check-raised and then calling down. I think this is a serious leak and I am just spewing chips "keeping guys honest"...

Villain is 40/20/1.6.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB
Old 07-04-2007, 11:56 AM

Hand 2 is totally standard vs a guy with those stats imho