Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2006, 11:24 AM

Default (PS $2/$4): Pot Control

Though not particularly aggressive post-flop, UTG is a LAG pre-flop. Ax and small pairs are definitely in her range here.

BB is about as loose as they get, the type you can value bet K-high against on the river. Though he calls a ton, he also does his fair share of betting. In particular, he plays draws fast and strong.

So . . . you're confident that you have the best hand, but it's not great and there's probably no way to get rid of the BB before a showdown. Do you raise or call?

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG (LAG) raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero . . .

Scott
Old 12-04-2006, 12:47 PM

Default Re: (PS $2/$4): Pot Control

If you know BB is coming I think I just call. Making the pot larger jsut makes their loose calling more correct post-flop. I think you are on the right track. Tighter BB 3 bet fo sho.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you know BB is coming I think I just call. Making the pot larger jsut makes their loose calling more correct post-flop. I think you are on the right track. Tighter BB 3 bet fo sho.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a high variance hand where you are g'teed to have a chaser in until the river and you are OOP sounds like a call to me. I might even throw this away and on my really really good days I would actually leave this table. Those type of players on my left drive me crazy.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:14 PM

This is definite call, ch/r most any flop.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:35 PM

call it if you are certain BB won't fold. c/r any flop that has only 1 broadway, or otherwise looks good to you.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:06 PM

Calling preflop from SB might be good in this table though I almost never do it with hand like 88. I want to take the lead and value raise. I don't care much if BB is calling with crap. Then c-bet many flops. What do you think of this? I'm sure it might get ugly post flop. Based on description they are not easy to read post-flop.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:48 PM

I think call and C/R a good flop is the way to go here.