Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2007, 02:16 PM

Default ($12 Turbo) 99 ITM tricky situation.

Hmm wasn't sure what was best here, i suppose all 3 options are viable.

Reads: Button is a winning player 6% roi over 2000 games at this level, but imo is too passive, he limped called a raise w/ 107s bvb battle against me early. He is probably not raising as wide as he should here.

BB is a foldbot and has been passing his bb to my shoves constantly, he is also limped button at 400/800 itm and then folded to my flop bet.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t400/t800
3 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Button: t7780
Hero: t4500
BB: t1220

Pre-flop: (3 players) Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Button raises to t2800</font>, Hero ???????
Old 04-24-2007, 02:53 PM

Default Re: ($12 Turbo) 99 ITM tricky situation.

You gotta call this. SNGPT says you have 35.2% equity if you fold but SNGPT overestimates it since the BB will never fold for t400 more. It is actually 36.1% if you get HU and 32.8% if he doubles through so you are looking at 34.8% if the button is a 3:2 favorite.

SNGPT also undershoots the call equity (35.3% against the top 40%) b/c it assumes that the BB won't overcall. Your equity if he overcalls with the top 40% is actually ~36.9% (when he decides to overcall). He probably shouldn't overcall very often (he needs about 35% equity to overcall) but a lot of hands are close and it is tempting to just stick the last t400 in there.

By call I mean push
Old 04-24-2007, 02:53 PM

In my experience, these pot size raises pf are usually small pairs/weak aces. I'd prolly push ingame but it might be wrong. Calling most likely gets the BB to come along for the ride as well but if he decides to spectate, we have to shove pretty much any flop. I guess what I'm getting to is the difference between 2nd and 3rd place money isn't enough for me to pass up a spot to get it all in here, but like I said I might be wrong and would like to hear more opinions on this hand.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:14 PM

The button should be raising/pushing fairly wide here, expecting you to fold, so you are well ahead of his range. And, as J-P says, the difference between 2nd and 3rd isn't big. So I think the choices are between calling and pushing.

I think I prefer shoving since it encourages the BB to fold, giving a nice overlay. Calling and shoving the flop is an option, though, since it provides some small fold equity. But I suspect this is small since he'd be getting amost 4-1.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:09 PM

Hmm well i called trying to induce the bb in and push blind any flop.The blooming retard BB folded getting 6 billion to 1.

Flop was rags and i pushed, button turns over kj high and turns a jack.

I would still be interest in views on this hand i thought it was interesting and quite a close decision or maybe not.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By call I mean push

[/ QUOTE ]Phew, I was really worried by the first part of your post. Ya, push push push. You're WAY ahead here and when you win you're basically a shoe in for first. you can eliminate a number of monsters from his range here too.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:59 PM

After reading the replys again i think we may have found a leak of mine. While i have been a profitable sng player for quite a while, my finsh distribution(not enough 1sts) has always been a cause for concern and maybe here im overestimating the equity of sewing up a guarenteed 2nd spot.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:46 AM

shillx said it well. although i think a call may be better than a push. if the BB is really stupid, as it sounds like, he might be more likely to get involved if you just call. you can also stop and go if BB folds (and even if he doesnt) which is another benefit