Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2006, 02:23 PM

Default 50 NL 6 max JJ faces big raise on flop

Not seen villan do anything particular out of the ordinary running 40/6/1.4 over 30 hands.

What does this raise mean and whats our best play here?

Prima Poker skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $30.95
UTG+1: $69.44
CO: $28.73
Button: $64.56
Hero: $54.43
BB: $49.50

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
3 folds, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, BB folds, Button calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($4.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $15.5</font>, Hero????
Old 12-15-2006, 02:25 PM

Default Re: 50 NL 6 max JJ faces big raise on flop

Looks like a set thinking you have an overpair and will stack off to protect it against draws.
Old 12-15-2006, 02:37 PM

he openlimped the BTN so could hold something like 22 or maybe another small PP.

I've never played prima so not sure what flop raises tend to mean there but it is an awfully big raise - in posn I might call and see what he does if the raise was smaller- we only beat TT- (not 22,44,77 obv)/overcards UI.

I think his rush to get the money in and likely openimping BTN of 66- is more likely than a UI PP that we beat so I fold. Try chatcoaxing his hand out of him if he doesn't flash for info.
Old 12-15-2006, 02:51 PM

I think combo draws are a big part of his range here 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ...in fact this bet would make more sense with those trying to get some FE. Despite this, we are only a coinflip with combo draws and are dominated by sets, I fold.
Old 12-15-2006, 03:23 PM

w/out a read, I'm folding here.

We are going to be in an inflated pot oop and we have no idea where we stand. Further, there is really only one turn card that would change the texture of the board in our favor.
Old 12-16-2006, 02:54 AM

I ended up pushing my stack in i really think calling oop here was just plain spew but having thought about it. I think a fold is possibly better against most villans.

Well i got lucky as he called after a dwell the turn and river came blanks offsuit 10 and 9's and he mucked. So i either found a total donk or his draw missed.

Yet im not sure this +ev play long term