Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2007, 07:58 PM

Default Re: 25/50 TT OTB vs Grimstarr

[ QUOTE ]
interesting hand. i think given the way you played it you should be calling river a pretty large % of time given that the ace is one of the best bluffcards in the deck. i don't even remember this hand in particular but i feel that i can show up here with 8 high just as often as AK.

depending on how much I am 3 betting I would consider 4betting TT with the button here for sure. on the turn though I think you should be betting like always. if I checkraise all in thats just a crappy spot for you but I think betting turn is necessary once you get there with an overpair

[/ QUOTE ]

I think ur spot on and everyone else is way off, this is very very very close to a call people......
Old 04-21-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the awesome thing about checking the turn is you're in position and you get to see what he does on the river! i also don't mind betting the turn but to be honest, versus someone like grim, if i bet the turn it is probably with the intention of calling a check/raise. and that, yellowsub, does NOT turn your hand into a bluff. and since grim's range isn't only broadways and big pairs, but he can in fact have some low suited connector type stuff, you might actually get some value for your hand, even. but the default line here is to check.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree with this.

Just to add to the 'pro turn bettors'....having TT here is obviously diiferent from having a bigger overpair in respect to how many overcards are out that can beat you. Sure if he does have 2 overs he has 6 outs, but the problem is that their are 16 (14 if he has 2 of them) overcards and you don't know which ones to be afraid of. The risk of folding to a river bluff would be terrible and yet very prevelant in this hand. because of this, I might be more inclined to be betting the turn.

Ofcourse as Strasser said, the flow of the game and both images/levels/mindsets that both you are in will ultimately decide if i am checking or betting the turn. As well, as Duck said, depending upon above statement will decide if i am b/f'ing or b/c'ing the turn if i do bet.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't think grim has ever bluffed half pot in his entire life. this is a bit more than half pot which is the only think that makes me even wonder... but all in all, i think this would be a pretty good fold. maybe one day grim will realize that he bets pot on bluffs and value bets like half pot with monsters, but until then he will continue losing value on monsters and/or be readable.

the awesome thing about checking the turn is you're in position and you get to see what he does on the river! i also don't mind betting the turn but to be honest, versus someone like grim, if i bet the turn it is probably with the intention of calling a check/raise. and that, yellowsub, does NOT turn your hand into a bluff. and since grim's range isn't only broadways and big pairs, but he can in fact have some low suited connector type stuff, you might actually get some value for your hand, even. but the default line here is to check.

[/ QUOTE ]

sickownage