Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: which handle should i use 4 stars?
lolbbvaments 7 10.77%
mike oxinyermom 3 4.62%
sirpwnsalot 8 12.31%
kneegroplz 15 23.08%
good4me2poopon 6 9.23%
BASTARD! FACK OOT! 26 40.00%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 12:46 PM

Default Re: World\'s shortest trip report

I'm impressed at the number of times I see "loosing" instead of "losing."
Old 10-08-2007, 12:49 PM

We definitely need a Boz Report (BR) from Bravos & Bella. haha BBB...
Old 10-08-2007, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, I was in Santa Clara on Friday nite, and went over to Bay 101 to meet Bravos and Bellatrix.

(This TR is already too long.)

Got there, looked around, nice clean room, can't say the same for most of the inhabitants.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good thing we didn't go to Garden City... it's worse there!
[ QUOTE ]

Bravos had already put both our names on the list for the 5-200 spread game, and since he'd been waiting for an hour and a a half we sat down about 10 minutes after I got there.

I flopped a nut flush once, in position, and the other player kept betting until he put me all-in. Ha ha!

Nothing else interesting happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is QFT material here! Boz was about as card dead as it comes... he did always seem to catch enough hands to stick around....

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Boz, it was nice playing and talking w/ you the other day..

Same to you Bella.. well except the playing part!

[/ QUOTE ]

It was great meeting you two, too. What happened? When I left, you were up prolly $200-300 and Bella was up $800.

[/ QUOTE ]

After you left, another 2p2er sat directly to my right, but we only tangled (half tangle really) once. I caught AA 3 times, but it only held up once. I finished up $385 from a max of ~$475 up.

Fav AA hand went like so...

A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] UTG and I make it $25 to go. Folds around to the SB who calls. After his call, SB has ~$150 behind and I cover.

$52 post drop to a flop of 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Jx(black)
SB checks and I bet $45, SB calls.

Turn is 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and SB checks, I push him all in. He insta calls and flips 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] LMAO!! WTF! Then he says "You should of bet more on the flop... I would of folded to a bigger bet" LOL, hmm, next time I guess I'll just bet 2x pot instead..LOL

Boz and I briefly talked about another Vegas meet-up, so everyone in micros should start to think about that! Pretty sure I'll go just because Boz owes me a beer.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it used to put me on interweb tilt.. Now I just ignore it and assume poster is a moran.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2007, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it used to put me on interweb tilt.. Now I just ignore it and assume poster is a moran.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't bug me nearly as much as this all-too-common mistake:

[ QUOTE ]
You should of bet more on the flop

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-08-2007, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't bug me nearly as much as this all-too-common mistake:

[ QUOTE ]
You should of bet more on the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] !!! I put it that way because that was the way he said it!! I quoted him directly.. he said "of" and not "have".
Old 10-08-2007, 01:12 PM

loosing makes more sense.
[x] not close.

All native english speakers should be banned.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
loosing makes more sense.
[x] not close.

All native english speakers should be banned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ban.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:54 PM

Smallish Trip Report:

So I get the go from husband to venture down to San Jose for a little Poker. Mostly I wanted to meet some other 2+2 posters. Yet, as always, things take a little longer. I end up leaving at 8:45 and I still have to hit the ATM.

When I arrive at Bay101 at like 9:30ish, I sign up for 6/12 and 8/16. I notice the list is pretty long, but I don't pay that much attention and go out for a smoke and read a bit of Card Player. I get back in, it's like 10 and then I notice... the list has hardly moved and there are still like 50 players in front of me. Oh and I see Boz about 6 spots above me. Is he here? No, don't see him.

So I go over to the 20/40 section, see some really bad play and several people on tilt and put my name on the list. 10 players up before me, but many call-ins. As I stand there scouting my future game I see Boz.

So I walk over and talk to him and he's already talking to Bravos. Not much to say, except Bravos spots like 3 2+2ers playing and one comes over and greets us. The two guys then get called really quickly to their 5-200 (?) game and I am left waiting for my game... sigh.

FINALLY at like 11:15 I get called to a seat. The very first hand I post on the CO and get dealt J9o. 1 limper, me and the blinds see the flop. 459 rainbow. BB bets, MP folds I raise, SB folds, BB re-raises, I call. Turn J. BB raise, me re-raise and take the pot.

Well, that's how it went. I limped in with 76s in late position once, Flop: 667 (no action, though). Limp with A8s with 4 people before me on button. Flop: 884, get max value against other 8, my kicker plays. Limp in MP qith QJo, get raised by guy on tilt. Hit Q on flop, J on turn. Get tilt guy all-in with some big pair probably (muck).

Don't get me wrong, there was still some playing to be done, some value betting, some semibluffing, some c/r. But the card gods really liked me this Friday. Thank god after the horrible weekend I had in Vegas.

Around 12:15 my name gets called for 8/16 LOLOLOLO. Around 12:20 Boz comes over and says goodbye. Around 12:45 I call it quits too, being up 990$. I still exchange some pleasantries with Bravos and I head home. Bought two brand new pants yesterday. Yipiee!

Anyway, it was nice meeting you if only for a little time. Next time we should do the proper thing and have dinner first. Or a beer. Or a home game. Or something better than standing in the Bay101 lobby. And, yes Garden City is much worse. Yuck!
Old 10-08-2007, 01:54 PM

Default Re: Swedish classic

6 max is so sick sometimes ... I am down 45 bb at one point having lost to flopped trips 6 times in a row with overpairs and we are talking 4's 4 times and 3's and 8's, I so want to tilt but hang tough wait it out almost back to scratch and then this happens.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (10.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 20.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has 9d 9s (three of a kind, nines).
Hero has Ah 8h (flush, ace high).
Button has 3c 6c (two pair, sixes and threes).
Outcome: Hero wins 20.75 BB. </font>

Nice to finish the session with a 55bb swing to finish up 10bb. Lunch time!
Closed Thread