Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 12:38 PM

Default 1/2 foxwoods ratholing question

sunday while I ws playing 1/2 a player won a pretty good pot got up and left. About an hour or so later the same player came back and sits @ the same table (there was a list at the time) and buys in for less than he left with. There was some question as too if this is agianst the rules or just poor form. The dealer did not really have a answer for me and the guy that ratholed kinda sucked so I didnt care that much but is there an actual rule about this?
Old 11-13-2007, 01:13 PM

Default Re: 1/2 foxwoods ratholing question

[ QUOTE ]
....got up and left. About an hour or so later ..... but is there an actual rule about this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most places have a time limit where the player has to buy in for at least what he left with if he sits down at the same table. Half hour or hour usually. Not sure about Foxwoods.

After that, he is treated like any other new player.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:40 PM

i think it is an hour, i know my friend hit 6-7k in the 10-25 and waited for an hour and they let him bk in with a shorter stack.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:08 PM

first time I played in Vegas at Binions I went up 1200 at 1-2nl. I left to eat in the cafe/coffee shop and was gone about 45 min. They covered my stack and let a guy play over it while I was gone. I came back and the floor said I had been gone over an hour so they had cashed me out. "You can have your seat back now". I said "OK-I'll by in for 300". No way-"you have to buy in for the full amount you cashed or go on the list". I had never been in this situation before since I was new to live and had never won and got up like that. I thought it was an angle since they wanted me to play at a short handed table full of sinister looking semi-pro types while I waited-LOL. I'd seen one of the guy's counting his rather large roll earlier. I split and went across to the Nugget and asked the floor about it. He explained it all and I sat down and got stacked on my second hand nut flush flop vs. 5's full on the river-LOL. Justice perhaps. But I got educated-LOL. I assumed it was the same everywhere? At least it is the same here locally.

Mark
Old 11-13-2007, 03:25 PM

That bites, that they racked you up and yet said you were committed to that amount.

At Foxwoods it is definitely one hour. There is a wrinkle though, if your table breaks and you get placed on another table, you can buy in for 60-300 and pocket the rest.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:40 PM

I'm pretty sure if you ask for a table change they don't let you carry your stack and you can only buy in for 60-300. I was on one table with 500 or so and was only able to buy in for 300 when I moved.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:44 PM

At Bay101, you can pocket money even on a player-requested table change. I asked specifically about this to the floor.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure if you ask for a table change they don't let you carry your stack and you can only buy in for 60-300. I was on one table with 500 or so and was only able to buy in for 300 when I moved.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's standard. At Borgata, if you initiate the change you are limited by the stated minimum/maximum. If you come from a must move you must bring it all with you. If you come from a broken game you have the option to buy in for up to the largest stack on the new table.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:36 PM

well that was the "angle" I thought. I wasn't gone an hour but she insisted it was 1 hour and some minutes. Then it was get back on the table for the whole amount or start over w/max buy in at the "waiting" table that looked less than promising. As I look back on this now-maybe it was an "angle" due to the timing and regs at the other table. It was also pretty obvious to anyone there that I had played zero NL live before. Only limit and not much of that. I was having one issue after another keeping up with the program. Trying to count the pot, getting my blinds out, string bets-you name it. Probably tilted the table so I could beat up on them with agro online micro style play. Starting hands and betting didn't match my table image-LOL. ie; dumb as ****. And my fishing hat with assorted pins realy set the trap-LOL. Rookies gotta take every advantage.

Mark
Old 11-13-2007, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Then it was get back on the table for the whole amount or

[/ QUOTE ]

So they were going to give you back your seat? Why should they give you back the seat and allow you to take chips off?