Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 09:34 PM

Default Re: WCOOP threads???

[ QUOTE ]
LOL at this whole thing.

I don't know exactly what someone wants to let the cat back into the bag about, but...

Once you have a press release or you put stuff up on the web, i.e. if it "gets out there"...you can't just "take it back"....

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...+twoplustwo.com

Just select "cache" and you can pretty much read the whole thread.

[/ QUOTE ]
nice work
I finally got to read the other responses I missed.
Found it quite interesting that someone mentioned the Arieh chip dumping hand that I believe I was first to post about, with little or no response.(I pressume that discussion is allowed?!)
Old 10-19-2007, 09:46 PM

You know what's funny. Now that I can read the threads I'm too lazy to and I've lost interest about some silly Internet Donkament.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You know what's funny. Now that I can read the threads I'm too lazy to and I've lost interest about some silly Internet Donkament.

[/ QUOTE ]
There really isn't that much content anyway and you can read the cliff notes in several other places, which is why I was at such a loss why it vanished.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL at this whole thing.

I don't know exactly what someone wants to let the cat back into the bag about, but...

Once you have a press release or you put stuff up on the web, i.e. if it "gets out there"...you can't just "take it back"....

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...+twoplustwo.com

Just select "cache" and you can pretty much read the whole thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

2p2 needs to get a new attorney that has the balls to tell Google to step down.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:03 AM

Did the lawyers receive a request or threat from ANYONE about the thread?
Or did they just look at the thread themselves, get uncomfortable with it, and then take it down?

Either way I think this was a really lame decision.
I can't say for sure though because I hadn't kept up with the thread up until it was removed. But aren't there a whole lot of things on 2+2 forums that are roughly the same danger-level as that thread?

As mentioned before, Stars themselves was using that thread to communicate with their players so it appears they didn't have a problem with it....so why should 2+2's lame-o lawyers?

We already have plenty of speculative threads about "so-and-so is a cheater" and "so-and-so stole my money".
Even printing names and personal info of people who scam other players on this site.
Maybe some of that stuff gets removed also...but a lot of it seems to remain and seems to be just fine.

This is a huge story.
Stars themselves admitted in the thread that the winner was not going to receive his prize because he multi-accounted. But somehow were not allowed to talk about it?
Ha ha, when repeating that info right now I just thought, "Oh my gosh...i can't say how much he won or what his name was because maybe that will be going too far" even though we already know those things.

Old 10-21-2007, 03:13 PM

Well hopefully we get a better explanation for this. Is it a double standard here? In the Absolute threads almost anything goes(rightfully so). Pretty much the only items removed were death threats and wedding pics. Anything posted about the Stars situation would be the opinion or statement of the poster not 2p2. Correct?
Old 10-22-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this is pretty pathetic of stars imo

[/ QUOTE ]
You don't know that it was Stars. It could be 2p2 lawyers advising them.

What made this situation different than all others? I have no idea.

Maybe it was Stars, we just don't know. But... if it was Stars, then that's pretty [censored] up and there has to be some sort of details that aren't being shared for why it would be so legally sensitive.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it was Stars then this makes me think that this is much more than a "multi-account" issue. Stars has an Obligation to the players' to make known what happened. They don't have to spell out how it was done, how they caught it, or how they plan to keep it from happening again.

What I am curious about since this become public some time after the WCOOP, did they freeze the account immediately or are they trying to get the money back?
Old 10-22-2007, 03:43 PM

Why do people assume stars or 2p2 lawyers? I instantly assumed it was the lawyers for the player who was caught cheating.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do people assume stars or 2p2 lawyers? I instantly assumed it was the lawyers for the player who was caught cheating.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you might be right. But we can't say for sure since the mods don't think it's necessary to let us know what actually happened. If lawyers are involved, I can understand that they might not be able to give details. But if you take publicly available posts down due to a request from somebody's lawyers, there's still no legal reason not to explain who asked you to do it, right?
Old 10-22-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And you might be right. But we can't say for sure since the mods don't think it's necessary to let us know what actually happened. If lawyers are involved, I can understand that they might not be able to give details. But if you take publicly available posts down due to a request from somebody's lawyers, there's still no legal reason not to explain who asked you to do it, right?

[/ QUOTE ]
just when the poker world needs some transparency to get through it's toughest test....
Closed Thread