Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2006, 02:16 AM

Default Evenkeal

Hi guys,

Evenkeal contacted me for whatever reason about his previous ban being "unfair" and how he was being ignored by mods. I asked him to send me a text of a fair and balanced case for his position and here's what he sent me:

[ QUOTE ]
A very very long time ago, I AIM'ed durron597 some bad beats. He blocked me and that was the end of the story.* Then, I get banned from 2+2 under my name "AlphaWice". I make a new account PepZ, and durron shortly bans that account because it is my gimmick, even though I was told I was not on the hitlist. Honestly I didn't know why I was banned and noone told me. When I emailed Ryan Beal, he told me that I was 'harassing people' and that was the reason that I was banned; that sort of activity 'could not be tolerated under any circumstances.' Durron decided to lay off of banning me, even though there was one dick move where I was trying to figure out why I was banned, posted in ATF, and then he banned me and lock/deleted the thread before most could read it. I forgive that though.

I finally figured out the reason (the first sentence of this PM up to *) that I was banned through some more prodding. Further attempts to contact mods were useless; noone replied to me. At the time, I entered the POG contest with my newest gimmick, Evenkeal. When I won, I was supposed to get a shirt. Then they found out it was me, and durron597/etc. denied me my free T-shirt and colored name, under grounds of zee-justin'ing the tournament, even though my AlphaWice entry was DQ'ed anyways. To show how long ago this was, we are talking about the August POG championship : it is December now.

Now it has been a very long time afterwards. Everyone who knows the happenings of 2+2 knows that Evenkeal = AlphaWice. So why can't I just have my old account back? Noone was hurt at all nor cares anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can someone address these concerns or explain the situation?
Old 11-30-2006, 02:22 AM

Default Re: Evenkeal

From Alphawice's notes:
(addict) posted complete spoiler to popular puzzle game thread in oot 12/22 astro

Sent the following PM to VoraciousReader: (among others) i love you vr... wanna come over to my house and play dungeons and dragons? (i can be the dungeon master.. i have an elf hat you can wear), many creepy PMs to her and also posts, - durron597 7/10/06

banned by [censored] 7/10/06

I have nothing else to add.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:26 AM

FWIW, I find Evenkeal pretty annoying and I can understand frustration with being harassed by him, but I'm curious as to how this is grounds for banning someone.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:40 AM

It sounds like he had talked with Ryan about this so that is probably who he should talk to.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I find Evenkeal pretty annoying and I can understand frustration with being harassed by him, but I'm curious as to how this is grounds for banning someone.

[/ QUOTE ]

A few of us went over this a couple of times, and for the most part it was handled privately. I completely trust the other mods who thoroughly looked into this situation and the PMs.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this guy then created a new account and only admitted who he really was after a couple of months or so of posting. Once we found that out, we probably should have unbanned the old account or banned the new one. I think that would have been the best way to go. Still, it ultimately didn't make a big difference to me which name he was using if he was going to be allowed back, so I left that decision up to the mods who knew him and the situation best.

Now that so much time has passed, I think it's a little strange that he still wants the old account unbanned. But then again, people do like their names and older registration dates. I'm curious what some of the other mods think about this. Since we're obviously letting him stay on 2+2, would any of you object to giving him the old account back?
Old 11-30-2006, 02:52 AM

He was banned for harrassment, mostly of VR but the fact that he was doing less serious harrassment of other people (including me) was certainly not overlooked.

He came back as Evenkeal and behaved himself in POG, and after a month of good behavior we found out about his original account and we decided because of his good behavior we would let him keep the Evenkeal account (kind of like how KKF doesn't get banned on sight anymore).

I guess it's not a big deal for him to be unbanned, but like I said why isn't the KaneKungFu123 account unbanned if we let him post on fish2plus2?
Old 11-30-2006, 02:53 AM

Also I don't think we've ever given a free t-shirt for a POG contest, unless I'm mistaken.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also I don't think we've ever given a free t-shirt for a POG contest, unless I'm mistaken.

[/ QUOTE ]

Initially they got a free polo for coming in top 2. It's sort of dropped off though, not sure why.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

He came back as Evenkeal and behaved himself in POG, and after a month of good behavior we found out about his original account and we decided because of his good behavior we would let him keep the Evenkeal account (kind of like how KKF doesn't get banned on sight anymore).

I guess it's not a big deal for him to be unbanned, but like I said why isn't the KaneKungFu123 account unbanned if we let him post on fish2plus2?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't really compare this to KKF myself, but I can see what you're getting at. As far as I know, KKF hasn't made numerous requests like this guy has. We can address that issue if it comes up.

But we're only dealing with Evenkeal/AW in this thread, and for whatever reason he seems really insistent about getting his old account back. As this does seem to matter so much to him, and we're going to allow him on 2+2 anyway, it probably doesn't hurt us to give him what he wants here. Still, that's just my opinion, and I'll wait to hear what everyone else has to say about this.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:45 AM

just send me sizes and addresses