Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 09:15 PM

Default Shove/Call, both correct?

After running this through SNGPT i get a +7.9% shove as well as a +1.5% call, when shoving 44+,A7s+,A9o+,KJs+. Shoving 100% and it's a +4.1% call.

I made the mistake of not looking at the SB's stack, but just the miniscule stack.

With the SB having me covered, i didn't think it would be a huge +EV shove.

So, i'm a little confused that it was a correct call too.

BB has t80 left btw.

I'm on a huge downswing today and my brain isn't working, so help me understand. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t800 (4 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

BB (t880)
UTG (t7740)
Hero (t1760)
SB (t3120)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1760 (All-In)</font>, SB calls t1360, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (t4320) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t4320) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t4320) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t4320

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has 6h 6s (three of a kind, sixes).
Hero has Ah 7h (high card, ace).
Outcome: SB wins t4320. </font>
Old 10-26-2007, 09:28 PM

Default Re: Shove/Call, both correct?

call would be pointless calling 1/2 your stack.. its shove or fold. i might have just folded to not risk myself with the BB so low. just ensure getting itm
Old 10-26-2007, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
call would be pointless calling 1/2 your stack.. its shove or fold. i might have just folded to not risk myself with the BB so low. just ensure getting itm

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he means SB has a call.

I'd shove here. If BB doubles up, he catches up. How often does SB call and not just sit to one side and let you take out BB?
Old 10-27-2007, 09:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he means SB has a call.

I'd shove here. If BB doubles up, he catches up. How often does SB call and not just sit to one side and let you take out BB?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he knew the big blind would fold if he called I could see him loosening up a bit due to hero being short himself, thus giving him great pot odds.

That said, Hero's hand is pretty good, small blind is probably only calling a few hands and thus heroes getting lots of dead money vs the big blinds random hand.

SNGPT actually assumes that if you fold small blind folds to the big blind every time, no matter what they have....so the numbers are going to be way off (could be wrong about this). In reality you're going to be in the money half the time.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:45 AM

fold or call..push is bad couse u give low stack a chance to make his fold correct.

bb has to call every time except the time meantioned above.

in sb its a clear call couse he wants to eliminate bb and he has couvered you- so if the bb folds he is itm most of the time anyway.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:45 PM

Damn, i'm actually clueless here. I hate the shove, as you know BB will fold to a call from sb, and sb would have to be calling tighter than 17% to make this + EV, as you know BB is folding everything here if you get called. So, I'm torn between limp and fold. Due to antes, BB should really have 30 left, not 80, so I think i'm fine with a call here, as bb will be all in again next hand due to the ante if he folds to any flop action or doesn't shove preflop and win.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:04 PM

id call, anything else seems dumb
Old 10-27-2007, 04:32 PM

limping is exploitable by SB tho. You limp, he shoves, BB mucks, you have to muck. I don't like giving up 800 chips here so I shove.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
limping is exploitable by SB tho. You limp, he shoves, BB shoves, you have to muck. I don't like giving up 800 chips here so I shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

why would you fold if the BB shoved? the purpose of limping is to be able to fold when sb shoves and bb folds. if you shove, the sb probably calls wide and then bb just folds into the money.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:38 PM

sippin I wrote BB shoves instead of mucking by accident then edited my post.

You're giving up 800 a fair amount of the time when you limp and get stolen. I think it's fold or shove and I'm leaning towards shove.