Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 06:37 PM

Default 60$ - trips A vs all in

Initial limper is xyz888, Villain is unknown

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB (t1500)
UTG (t1480)
UTG+1 (t1460)
MP1 (t1290)
MP2 (t1535)
Hero (t1550)
CO (t1465)
Button (t2125)
SB (t1095)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls t30, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t120</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls t120, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 folds.

Flop: (t315) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: (t315) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t210</font>, Button calls t210.

River: (t735) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t300</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t1795</font>, Hero?
Old 10-26-2007, 06:59 PM

Default Re: 60$ - trips A vs all in

i don't really see folding. already invested almost half your stack. only hand i'd be afraid of is AK. A6/A7/A4 doesnt seem likely with the check on the flop and flat call on the turn. i guess 66/77/44 would be scary too but meh like i said invested a lot already
Old 10-26-2007, 07:05 PM

I call b/c it just looks weird, if he flopped a set it would be strange for him to not raise at some point.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:07 PM

I'm inclined to be afraid of a flopped set, if I'm afraid of anything. That said, against an unknown I'm going broke there. He has a worse ace a lot of the time, or even air (from his perspective, you really can't call without at least an ace, right?). If XYZ was villain here then I might find a fold, just because in my experience he is fairly tight. But against an unkown I think AQ is good there probably close to half the time (which is way more often than you need it to be for the call to be profitable).

What were your thoughts on the flop check? I would usually c-bet there even on such a horrible flop, but maybe that's a leak.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm inclined to be afraid of a flopped set, if I'm afraid of anything. That said, against an unknown I'm going broke there. He has a worse ace a lot of the time, or even air (from his perspective, you really can't call without at least an ace, right?). If XYZ was villain here then I might find a fold, just because in my experience he is fairly tight. But against an unkown I think AQ is good there probably close to half the time (which is way more often than you need it to be for the call to be profitable).

What were your thoughts on the flop check? I would usually c-bet there even on such a horrible flop, but maybe that's a leak.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like c-betting on a rags only flop, any pair will raise me easily, his check meant all and nothing, i was much more concerned on his flat call on the turn.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like c-betting on a rags only flop, any pair will raise me easily, his check meant all and nothing, i was much more concerned on his flat call on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I agree that the turn call is a little worrying, but when the third ace comes most "unknown" opponents are thinking their ace is definitely the nutssss. Some people will gladly flat you preflop with like almost any ace (and couldn't imagine folding AJo to a raise), so I really think you just go broke vs a full house here, because a large amount of the time he has a strong-but-2nd-best hand, or he could really have air and just be testing you.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:08 AM

i'm c-betting the flop. people easily give up postflop L2 if they dont have a pretty decent hand.

turn/river look good, call the push.