Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: USC 7-1
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 1 2.70%
4 2 5.41%
5 1 2.70%
6 5 13.51%
7 9 24.32%
8 6 16.22%
9 6 16.22%
10 7 18.92%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 03:09 AM

Default Re: AP, rigged, etc. #8981.4 - the plot thickens

[ QUOTE ]
While at Nine.com, AJ had a portrait done of himself that hung on his wall over his desk. The photo was a picture of him "American Beauty' style laying spread out on his futon covered in hundred dollar bills.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 10-23-2007, 03:14 AM

10/12/06 - Excapsa sells UB to Blast Off, Ltd. reporting $15.1 million in net income for Q1-Q2. (Excapsa)

4/6/07, 4/27/07 - Severeal major changes are filed at Blast Off.

10/7/07 - Changes filed along with Blast Off's annual report

From Malta Financial Services Authority

[ QUOTE ]
The Malta Registry that PokerStud referenced above seems to be having database issues now but I did find entries for Blast Off in the google cache:

http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache:0Ykz...;cd=1&gl=ca

C 37734 BLAST OFF LIMITED 10/7/2007 Annual Return
C 37734 BLAST OFF LIMITED 10/7/2007 Change amongst Company Secretary
C 37734 BLAST OFF LIMITED 10/7/2007 Change amongst Company Secretary
C 37734 BLAST OFF LIMITED 10/7/2007 Change in Registered Office

http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache:kCcz...;cd=2&gl=ca

C 37734 BLAST OFF LIMITED 26/4/2007 Notification of Changes amongst directors
C 37734 BLAST OFF LIMITED 26/4/2007 Transfer/Transmission of Shares
C 37734 BLAST OFF LIMITED 26/4/2007 Alterations to the Memorandum and Articles

http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache:L_hh...;cd=3&gl=ca

C 37734 BLAST OFF LIMITED 4/6/2007 Notification of Changes amongst directors

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-23-2007, 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Justin West has some new thoughts about the scandal. He now thinks that there was cheating going on. O RLY?

He still says there was no superuser, though.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you wonder why??

[/ QUOTE ]

How long do you think it takes this guy to get pretty in the morning? Nice touch with the cigarette. What a [censored].
Old 10-23-2007, 03:16 AM

There were a number of pictures of Brent in the wedding album and he did not look anything like Scott. I, among others, was instantly able to recognize the pictures of Scott based on the picture of Phil Tom that was posted early on. I would be surprised if they were actually brothers from the same two parents. I would not be surprised if they were raised together on some level, step brothers or something like that.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:18 AM

could be a cousin
Old 10-23-2007, 03:19 AM

I'm currently reading over at p5s also and there is a decent thread where people seem to be getting credited with some money- including Sheets from the Payup tourney.

I'm trying to discern right now the amounts to determine what other missed cheaters may have been.

If anyone gets a weird amount they cannot explain and plays primarily tourneys post so we can figure out any other names we don't have right now.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:22 AM

I've just run out of fake Oreo's. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2007, 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would be surprised if they were actually brothers from the same two parents. I would not be surprised if they were raised together on some level, step brothers or something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would fit that they were half-brothers.

Scott Tom is the son of Mr Phil Tom and Ms Beckley. Scott went by his mother's surname during a custody dispute.

Brent Beckley is presumably the son of someone called Beckley. Given that Ms Beckley already has a record of having a son by her name (which would typically be unusual in Western countries, I assume) it would not be surprising if Ms Beckley has another son that used her surname.

Of course, there are some situations - like Ms Beckley not knowing the surname of her son's father - where a son of Ms Beckley MUST use her surname.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:26 AM

Default Re: AP, rigged, etc. #8981.4 - there was no superuser account

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There was no superuser account.

[/ QUOTE ] wrong

I didn't really read the rest of your post, sorry

[/ QUOTE ]
No need to apologize. My post is not very imortant in the grand scheme of this thread, and you have more important things to attend to. And you must be exhausted. Keep up the good work, anyway.

If you had bothererd to read and understand the second and final paragraphs of my post, you might not have decided to dismiss my whole post, rather than just the first sentence.

I do not claim that hole cards were not being read. On the contrary, I am convinced that cheaters were able to read other players' hole cards. I do not really even claim that there was no supersuser acount. (Read the first sentence in the context of the second paragraph and the concluding paragraph.)

What I am really saying is that the term "superuser account" carries with it certain implications that have not actually been proven by what has been released in the threads in 2+2. Perhaps it is provable with information you posess but have not released here.

The term "superuser account" is inaccurate and potentially harmfuly misleading. We have seen, for instance, people joking about various key combinations needed to log on to AP as a superuser using the regular client software. We have seen one poster suggest that the client software normal people have on their own computers may somehow be compromised. Both of these are consistent with the implications carried by the term "superuser account".

My post put forward several possible ways hole card reading could be accomplshed without a user poker account that had special powers. Some are not very plausible, but all are possible. All are consistent with the Joe Norton letter.

Throughout the life of this scandal, I have been concerned with the wild accusations made by some on the flimsiest of evidence. By this I do NOT mean the allegations of cheating through hole card reading and chip dumping. Those have been well-established. I think that it is important to the credibility of our case against AP that we be both precise and accurate. We must not let speculation turn into accusation without proof.

You and Nat and the other principal contributors have generally been very careful to make only precise and well-documented accusations. I'm suggesting that using the term "superuser account" may not be sufficiently precise, and using that term may give AP some wiggle room, if it turms out the hole card reading was accomplished through other means.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:34 AM

Default Re: AP, rigged, etc. #8981.4 - there was no superuser account

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but it has been verified to me by a reliable source that Scott Tom's full name is Scott Philip Tom.

Don't know about the Scott Beckley connection, but I cannot find record of a Scott Beckley in Montana.
Closed Thread