Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2007, 11:56 AM

Default Playing small stakes limit for a living

I just signed up on this site and am having a difficult time finding my way around. I would really like to find someone that is making a living playing small stakes limit online.....I have alot of questions to ask. I'm very discouraged, I think I'm playing solid poker, I've done an awful lot of work on my game and I can't even break even. Anyway if there is someone out there that would like to give some advice I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:59 AM

Default Re: Playing small stakes limit for a living

You can ask all the questions you want in the Microstakes Limit forum or the Beginners Forum.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:00 PM

not to be mean, but this isn't even close to being the right forum to post this in...

some places to consider trying this might be beginners/small stakes/microstakes/internet gambling
Old 07-20-2007, 12:18 PM

Meh. If you are a 100% newb and saw a forum way up at the top that implied you could learn answers to questions about the forums it is probably more surprising there aren't more of these questions in here.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Meh. If you are a 100% newb and saw a forum way up at the top that implied you could learn answers to questions about the forums it is probably more surprising there aren't more of these questions in here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it's just above the Beginners forum so I'm guessing most Beginners have the good sense to go there first.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:28 PM

Dear nits,

He is not a beginner, as indicated in his post. Thus I don't see how him posting in this forum is that big of an indiscretion.

What I don't understand, however, is how he can't find "small stakes" under the "limit texas hold 'em" banner.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm very discouraged, I think I'm playing solid poker, I've done an awful lot of work on my game and I can't even break even. Anyway if there is someone out there that would like to give some advice I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read Small Stakes Hold'Em. Post hands in the Small Stakes forum for comments. Discuss other people's hands. Profit.

(Better tup?)
Old 07-20-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dear nits,

He is not a beginner, as indicated in his post. Thus I don't see how him posting in this forum is that big of an indiscretion.

What I don't understand, however, is how he can't find "small stakes" under the "limit texas hold 'em" banner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stuck,

The gentleman says that he is trying to make a living playing small stakes limit poker. Clearly there either is something mentally wrong with him, or he is a big fan of Hamburger Helper. In either case, the correct approach is to ridicule him and hold him up to public scorn.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:03 PM

He's a fan of Hamburger Helper because he's not a good player or becaue you are incorrectly implying that a small-stakes player can't make a decent income?

A dedicated 8 to 12-tabling 3/6 or 5/10 limit player (or 4-6 tabling 6-max) can make $100k or so after rakeback or via propping or whatever.
For many people, just making $50k/yr is a reasonable income and this is definitely do-able.

For a college-student type working small-stakes part-time it is possible to do better than some other summer job by just multi-tabling 1/2 limit.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:22 PM

Thanks for bringing it all back home, Bob.