Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2007, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Borgata $10/$20 2-way trip report

[ QUOTE ]
Irv was a regular in both the Taj 2-way and the Borg 2-way.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah, i figured that part out, im trying to picture what he looks like. i know the name, cant picture the face.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:57 PM

Actually, I heard the best player in the game is a tall, intelligent, and handsome gentleman named Johnny.

Robin is the second best player in the game.

Kenny plays at the Borgata and is considered a "monkey".
Old 04-17-2007, 09:07 PM

You all have me thinking about playing above my roll now. I'm going to AC next week, mid-week. I will probably hit the Taj 5/10 O8 and if I get some chips, head over the the Borgata 10-20 2way. I must be insane.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah, i figured that part out, im trying to picture what he looks like. i know the name, cant picture the face.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bald guy mid/late 40's, what hair he has around the back is shaved short, he's on the short side, little pudgy, and a lot effeminate.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bald guy mid/late 40's, what hair he has around the back is shaved short, he's on the short side, little pudgy, and a lot effeminate.

[/ QUOTE ]
is he a lawyer?
Old 04-19-2007, 01:44 PM

i cut my teeth in this game and have to say everybody is passive. some have an idea on how to play to the nuts (most don't have a problem limping in 9862) but nobody in this game will put you to the test.

the Taj game is much better: faster action, big pots, and the game never breaks. too bad it's at the taj.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:41 PM

So I played this game again last Wednesday night, opting against the 200/400 Omaha game that they had going, as I had enough on me to buy in for a BB and a SB.

So I sit down with my $400 buy in and within less than an hour I've doubled up. When did $10/$20 become the level at which people learn Omaha (not that I'm complaining)? There was a young-ish gentleman next to me -- very friendly nice guy -- who apparently had burned through more than a G and kept reloading, telling his buddy how this was an expensive "learning experience". When I was not in the hand he would flash his cards so I could see them, and I could see that he would call the river with hands like a pair. Neither of these guys seemed wealthy by any means. It took about 2 minutes to realize that these two guys played just about every hand, and that their starting requirements for Omaha were any 4 cards, and for Stud/8 any 3 cards. Even the players who seemed to know what they were doing were on par with, I'd say, bad lower level internet players.

Since I am with the wife, who I can see is getting bored, having shockingly lost all of her allowance in slot machines, I call it quits relatively quickly.

So I go back for more income Thursday night around 10 -- and WTF there is no game???????? On a Thursday night? WTF is that?

I hop over to the Taj and go on the 15-30-45 list, where I start out at #6. After waiting more than an hour and seeing them continue to insert new people at the top of the waiting list (more than an hour after the must-move game broke, people who took off from that game for dinner and missed the break-up bitching and moaning about not being on the list; I say you disappear for that long and it's tough shi'ite) and I remember why I stopped playing at the Taj and call it quits.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:38 PM

Would anyone know how often the 15/30/45 game runs? Weeknights/Sundays?

Also, it seems as if the other players know each so well. Is there extensive softplaying in HU pots? More importantly, anyone ever feel anythign fishy regarding team play?
Old 06-14-2007, 12:15 AM

They had 2 tables of it at one point on Thursday night. The must move must have broken around 10 because I got there around 10:30 and I think it had just broken.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:53 PM

Players are not required to play short handed (<5) at the Taj and automatically go back on top of the waiting list.

I would have played you headsup on Thursday, too.