Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2007, 10:24 PM

Default Re: The Revolution - Game Thread

November 6, 2012 - 6:22 AM

<font color="green">Groups of Revolution soldiers were roaming the streets of Washington doing everything trying to find the Government Leaders while trying to avoid skirmishes with Government Soldiers whenever possible. Unfortunately in the still dark morning some skirmishes were unavoidable and too often seemed to result in more Revolution Soldiers getting killed. All different types joined the revolution. Some, like Bill Franklin, were hardened veterans who had lived with war and death for most of their lives. The majority, however, were nothing but young idealists with too little experience to fear anything. Resnick was barely more than a boy, he could go for days without shaving and fail to grow so much as a five o'clock shadow. When he found out about the Revolution from his friend's father he begged to go with him hoping for a chance at glory. Like so many young, eager soldiers looking to change the world his quest was far too brief - a stray bullet of friendly fire forever closing his shining young eyes.</font>

Resnick is dead - he was an ordinary Revolution Soldier.

Night Actions due to me by 7 AM (PM please)
Old 11-28-2007, 10:46 PM

GAME NOTE

The game only ends once all victory conditions are either met or impossible to meet. It isn't important now but may be later and I didn't want to wait until it was relevant to say it (since that could give away information that shouldn't be given away)
Old 11-29-2007, 11:07 AM

November 6, 2012 - 6:41 AM

<font color="red">The President spoke to his military commanders again, and was barely able to suppress his glee at what he heard.

"Mr President we've received word of an impending attack on an abandoned warehouse 5 miles outside of the city where the rebels believe you are located, we've got a little surprise waiting there for them."

"Excellent, do you know if their leader is with them"

"It doesn't appear so, sir, we're working on discovering his base of operations right now"

"Good work, commander, keep me informed of what happens".

"Yes sir"</font>

<font color="green">Bill Franklin was growing desperate knowing that, despite some small successes, the entire day had been marred by failure. Bailey was dead, and the Revolution had still failed to hit any of the targets they needed to hit to succeed. Beyond that it looked like someone outside the government was killing his forces as well. He knew it was time to try something desperate and sent a message to his field commander.

"Give the order, make the attempt, good luck"</font>

<font color="orange">"So you're sure they still don't know what we're doing?"

"As sure as I can be, it looks like the NSA still has some teeth but as long as they can't find us they can't touch us"

"Do whatever you can, we are closer than ever to achieving our goal and I will not let it be ruined by some nosy paper pusher"</font>

<font color="blue">The Revolution strike force, an elite team composed of VoraciousReader, LuckayLuck, and FCBLComish entered the warehouse unseen only to find it completely deserted. As they searched the various potential hiding places a giant explosion ripped through the building, reducing it to a pile of rubble. The second explosion that followed shortly on the heels of the first was completely unnecessary, since everyone inside was already dead</font>

VoraciousReader was killed - she was a Revolution Soldier with no special powers

LuckayLuck was killed - he was a Revolution Soldier with no special powers

FCBLComish was killed - he was a Revolution Soldier with no special powers

IT IS DAY
Old 11-29-2007, 11:11 AM

<font color="blue"> Antidan444 killed n1 (Disloyal NSA Agent) </font>
Bulletproof Monk
Chim17
<font color="blue"> Chuckleslovakian killed n1 (Revolution Soldier) </font>
<font color="blue"> CinCity killed n1 (Revolution Computer Expert) </font>
<font color="blue"> DMK killed n2 (Revolution Leader Jon Bailey) </font>
drzen
<font color="blue"> Durron597 lynched d1 (Revolution Soldier) </font>
<font color="blue"> DustinG died d1 (Disloyal NSA Agent) </font>
Epicurus
<font color="blue"> FCBLComish killed n3 (Revolution Soldier) </font>
FMXDA
GetThere1Time
JennFox
jgunnip
Kokiri
Kristiefix
Kyro
Lastchance
<font color="blue"> LuckayLuck killed n3 (Revolution Soldier) </font>
MDoranD
<font color="red"> Metsandfinsfan killed n2 (NSA Director Benjamin Michaels) </font>
<font color="red"> NicholasP27 lynched d2 (Vice President's Body Double) </font>
OurHouse
Reno expat
<font color="blue"> Resnick lynched d3 (Revolution Soldier) </font>
Solanthos
tarheeljks
<font color="blue"> VoraciousReader killed n3 (Revolution Soldier) </font>
WDCBooks
<font color="red"> Zurvan died d1 (Loyal NSA Agent) </font>
Old 11-29-2007, 11:21 AM

Thoughts: JennFox is trying to avoid confrontation, however difficult that may be. She also said she thought "I WAS VILLAGEY" because I didn't attack her like I would have if I was a wolf. Not only is that not true, but it's not even logically sound. There's a possibility she KNOWS I'm a villager. So...she's avoiding confrontation and may know for a fact I'm not evil.

Chim has been totally under the radar. It's possible he hasn't been around, but his first post was pretty terrible so I wanted to bring his name into discussion.

reno expat made one of the most vague and non-commital posts of the game yesterday. I can quote it if need be. Someone who's played with him needs to tell me if he is like this as a villager.

There is like an 283% chance wdcbooks is the VP.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:48 AM

Some thoughts:

Fishy votes for Resnick last night were:

-Reno (but a lot of his posts have looked... "vague and non-commital" as Kyro put it... Still.)
-Epi and OH: Sweet spotty, no explanation votes always look wolfy imo

I'm pretty sure Kyro is a villager now.

People I'm not sure what to think of:
-Monk (lean wolfy)
-Kokiri (lean villagery, especially from his posts AFTER Day 1)

I also wouldn't be opposed to lynching LastChance because of the possibility of him being a seer peek. For me, today, it's either him or reno.

Thoughts?
Old 11-29-2007, 11:54 AM

Also, solanthos is a piggybacker.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, solanthos is a piggybacker.

[/ QUOTE ]

he did this often in the recent sttf game as a wolf. has he played a game recently as a villager where i could go read how he played?
Old 11-29-2007, 12:05 PM

I started writing that post after day, and didn't even see Kyro's post until after I'd posted. I cleared Kyro based on actions yesterday, but now after reading his post I'm even more sure he's village.

For what it's worth, everyone thinks I'm wolfy no matter what role I have. I was a villager in the last long game (Thanksgiving) if you want to go look there.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:06 PM

one thing that confuses me is the idea that there are more than two factions in this game. It doesnt seem to fit the theme. There are two sides to a revolution, who else could be in this game and with what likely win conditions?

The way I figure it, today should be roleclaim day for some power villagers, because we're down ten members, and assuming, as seems reasonable, that the govt faction is sizeable, and that there is apparently at least one other faction, we could really be hurting if we have another bad day.

the trouble is that all i have currently is a villager list, and that gets decimated every night.