Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2007, 12:52 AM

Default Re: 50NL: AQ 150+ bb\'s deep

It's nice to see that your hand held up and won but I think that you can defenitely wait for a bettter situation to get all the money in here especially with you both having deep stacks.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:56 AM

I don't consider 150BB's to be deep at all, but if you want to make your decisions easier against somebody like this you can start playing 4bet pots.....
Old 05-06-2007, 01:45 AM

fwiw when i read this hand and his stats the very first hand that popped into my mind was KK, or maybe QQ.

The only other hand possible would be AA, and given the fact that you have an ace and there's one on the flop, him having AA is unlikely. Add to that most villains with his type of stats tend to actually slowplay when they hit a monster on the flop (stupid as hell but it's true). So i don't think he'd play a set of aces this way.

imo it's a good call.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:01 AM

I also considered a big pair part of his range.. people just get frustrated that an ace flops and go screw it. i'm shoving! I still think it's a bad call 99% of the time though.
Old 05-06-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also considered a big pair part of his range.. people just get frustrated that an ace flops and go screw it. i'm shoving! I still think it's a bad call 99% of the time though.

[/ QUOTE ]

what other hands are in villain's range that he'd play like this that have the hero beat? the only non-AA hand that's even possible would be AK. But he hasn't raised preflop with a single hand out of 50. I have to assume he's gotten a pretty big ace at some point over that sample (if not AK, at least AQ or AJ), and hasn't even open-raised. And now we're going to assume all of a sudden he's 3betting a big ace? Even a lot of people at these stakes who have pfr stats of 9-12% often don't 3bet preflop with anything less than QQ+. And he's DEFINITELY not 3betting with 22, 88, A8, or A2

I pokerstove'd some ranges and this is what i got:

[TT+,AKs,AKo] we're good 67% of the time.

[QQ+], 83% of the time.

[KK+] we're good 67%. (this is honestly what i'd put his range at)

[QQ+,AKs,AKo], we're still good 52% of the time.

[KK+,AKs,AKo] is the WORST case and we're only good 43%. But like i said i still think AK/AA are unlikely given the way he plays [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. And if he's 3betting with AK, he'd probably be 3betting with QQ, so this range is a bit 'meh'.

If this was a Q-high flop and the hero was holding TPTK with his AQ, i'd say it's an easy fold. It just seems to me the villain may as well have held up a sign saying "hey everyone, i'm holding a big pocket pair".