Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: To Tilt Or Not?
Agree 5 45.45%
Disagree 6 54.55%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 02:29 PM

Default Re: Turkey Talk: November Low Content Thread

I have to give the brownies some credit...since trading their starting QB, they are 4-1 against teams not from New England. Kit, the problem here, and I think you understand this, is that even if they do make the playoffs, they'll likely have to play the steeler's in round 1. And I think we all know how that goes. I mean, you've only beaten us 3 times since 1993!

http://www.afc-north.com/rivalry/clepit.html
Old 11-02-2007, 02:42 PM

Speaking of Hockey, for you guys who may not have read it, did you catch my story back in June about my encounter with the Cup and Teemu Selanne? I know I am tootin my own horn but it was a once in a lifetime thing perhaps.

Here's a LC one: Who thinks that they have the record for the most big pairs(TT-AA)Losing at showdown? I tried to think back and mine is 7. KK, KK, KK, QQ, TT, TT, AA. I am sure someone has had a session with way more than that though.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Speaking of Hockey, for you guys who may not have read it, did you catch my story back in June about my encounter with the Cup and Teemu Selanne? I know I am tootin my own horn but it was a once in a lifetime thing perhaps.

Here's a LC one: Who thinks that they have the record for the most big pairs(TT-AA)Losing at showdown? I tried to think back and mine is 7. KK, KK, KK, QQ, TT, TT, AA. I am sure someone has had a session with way more than that though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, that was a good Selanne story. My brush with hockey greatness is limited to playing hockey week in week out with the guy who sings the national anthems for the Canucks. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Frond, do you somehow keep track of your hands in order to know that info? Or is that particular gross session just burned in your brain?
Old 11-02-2007, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a serious question; suppose I was sort of a Penguins fan but lived in the Bay Area. Is there any viable way for me to follow the team on television? Or can I really just read the game summaries. I find it's hard to even know when the games are going to be played, let alone televised.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.indemand.com/sports/nhl/index.jsp

natch

The NHL plays an inbalanced schedule. They're trying to focus more on conference and divisional rivalries. They think this is good. I also just saw Sid for the first time a couple days ago. He factored in every goal (two goals, two helpers). We lost. I hate Sidney Crosby.

I'm really starting to take this too seriously. Then again, it's hard to blame myself. I live in a city with an atrocious basketball team that just traded their best player, a bad football team and a perennial cocktease baseball team that usually makes the playoffs but gets crushed in the first round.

Screw you guys. Especially you Kit. You just got an NBA finals appearance, you got the ALCS and you got two World Series appearances in your lifetime. Wait, I have two World Series wins in my lifetime...nevermind.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:39 PM

I've never understood the whole "unbalanced" schedule thing. The NFL schedule is unbalanced: A team plays the 3 opponents in it's division twice a year, but only plays each team from the other conference once every 4 years (or 1/8th as often). Yet that term is never bandied about when discussing the NFL schedule.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a serious question; suppose I was sort of a Penguins fan but lived in the Bay Area. Is there any viable way for me to follow the team on television? Or can I really just read the game summaries. I find it's hard to even know when the games are going to be played, let alone televised.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dish TV, NHL package.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:18 PM

GG-That one recent session where I lost 7 big pairs at SD is etched in my brain I guess.

A quote from a girl on my left a few days ago during a hand where she flipped over KTo at SD and won with it. "King Ten offsuit is my favorite hand, I always win with it" I replied, "Yea"
Old 11-02-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Dish TV, NHL package.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now let's suppose I don't care nearly that much.....
Old 11-02-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Dish TV, NHL package.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have your neighbor get Dish TV, NHL package. Get a signal splitter. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Dish TV, NHL package.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have your neighbor get Dish TV, NHL package. Get a signal splitter. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

While that would require less money, it seems it would actually require more work. To be honest here, the first step is Sunday Ticket. Once I have that, I could justify some NHL viewings.
Closed Thread