Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 11:09 AM

Default Re: Identifying other 2p2ers

Ok, if you meet up with a 2+2 player. What odds would you lay that it will be a positive experience?

It would be great to meet new people who share your poker obsession, but it could kill a trip if meet up with a real d-bag.

2-1 against?
Old 10-18-2007, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, if you meet up with a 2+2 player. What odds would you lay that it will be a positive experience?

It would be great to meet new people who share your poker obsession, but it could kill a trip if meet up with a real d-bag.

2-1 against?

[/ QUOTE ]
I have met seven 2+2 players @ FW since January and I like all of them and look forward to seeing them again.

I have played long sessions with five and have enjoyed the back and forth as well as any strategy discussions. On more than one occasion I have received helpful comments/feedback that has improved my play.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:51 PM

I think that generally speaking, the active posters here would be a pleasure to meet. *shrug*

I vote for these:
"stacking 2 stacks of 2 dollar chips and then combining them into a single stack of 4 chips"
then
“How many posts do you have?”
Old 10-18-2007, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

2-1 against?

[/ QUOTE ]
I have met seven 2+2 players @ FW since January and I like all of them and look forward to seeing them again.

I have played long sessions with five and have enjoyed the back and forth as well as any strategy discussions. On more than one occasion I have received helpful comments/feedback that has improved my play.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's encouraging Rick. I'm a "the glass is half-full" kind of person, myself.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that generally speaking, the active posters here would be a pleasure to meet. *shrug*

I vote for these:
"stacking 2 stacks of 2 dollar chips and then combining them into a single stack of 4 chips"
then

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you do if you're in the red chip game?
Old 10-18-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I vote for these:
then

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you do if you're in the red chip game?

[/ QUOTE ]

2 chips + 2 chips = 4 chips
Old 10-18-2007, 02:10 PM

lol; I was thinkin' the same thing
Old 10-18-2007, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Its an estimate based on non-scientific measurements.

[/ QUOTE ]

So its useless?

Not to mention that 73.4385% of statistics are made up on the spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

And 95% of the remainder is made up in advance.
__________________________________________________ _________________

I've often wondered if someone I'm playing with is a 2+2'r, but since my posts are few and far between I figure it's a moot point. No one is going to have any idea who I am. Although "sup bro" followed at some point by "ship it", tends to be a good indicator.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd say less than 10% of the active 2+2ers are good players. Just because you post on 2+2 doesn't mean you know what your doing. Luckily for the other 90% there is a path to enlightenment

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to highjack the thread, but since this was mentioned, how do we know when reading the strategy forums to avoid the advice from the losing players? Or is simply the discussion and thinking about hands the benefit in and of itself? At least books have a supposed expert behind the material. With only 10% of posters being winners, the consensus of opinion on how to play a hand could be the losing opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say 10% winners, I said 10% good players. There are lots of marginal winners who cant think outside of the box, and lots of luckboxes who haven't learned yet that they are just lucky to avoid a lot of tough situations.

Thats the beauty of the forums, you should spend the time to figure out who the experts are, its not hard if you spend enough time here - and just listen to what they have to say while weighing out the logic behind the naysayer's POV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I haven't spent a lot of time in the strategy forums yet, but I plan to start doing so.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Meeting 2p2ers can be overrated. Good, trustworthy, longstanding friendship ones are few and far between.
Most TAGs are TAGfish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah they are. Thank goodness we didn't have any of those people on our last trip.