Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 04:19 PM

Default Re: Message to PokerRoad regarding durrrr

I think Zee Justin busted 1 short of the money in the HORSE.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:25 PM

[/ QUOTE ] to be honest, durrr would have been a really bad pick for Brian in the prop bet as he never plays tournaments, his success only goes to show how a top notch online cash player can easily crush these live tournaments

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure that in this very interview, durrr said he's played 14 tournys since turning 21.

Also, I wonder how long it's gonna take for people to realize that online poker and live poker are completely different, and that comparing them is kind of fruitless.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:25 PM

EWS87 -
your main point is about tournament players vs cash game players [regardless live or online] and i think your point is obv correct and that anyone who disputed it obv knows nothing.
MY main point is the overall ability of the elite young online cash players vs the "rugged old school" live players. and that i think the kids would run circles around them
Old 11-14-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
his success only goes to show how a top notch online cash player can easily crush these live tournaments

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious?

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT, I laughed when I read this.

Durr has been playing live tourneys since he turned 21 and openly said he got raped in the WSOP, and this is his first huge cash that I've heard of. No doubt he is a great player but saying he can crush them just because he won a ton of flips since day 1 is ridiculous. He even said himself in the interview early in the tournament that he was flopping the nuts every hand, so if he can be humble I don't get why fanboys can't.

I think a better statement would be "his success shows that when a thinking player plays good and runs good they can make it farther than a tourney donk" which I doubt anyone can argue with.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea your right...so lets crossbook...ill get durrr and you can take ted lawson
Old 11-14-2007, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
EWS87 -
your main point is about tournament players vs cash game players [regardless live or online] and i think your point is obv correct and that anyone who disputed it obv knows nothing.
MY main point is the overall ability of the elite young online cash players vs the "rugged old school" live players. and that i think the kids would run circles around them

[/ QUOTE ]

they absolutely would...but i just may have misunderstood your other post and thought you were lumping guys like barry and ivey in there when you ask who he would take top 5 vs top 5...because the old rugged pros you were talking about def aren't top 5 live
Old 11-14-2007, 04:38 PM

Wow, hate on Gavin Smith much. Dude, show some respect for one of the best players in poker, he has every right to say whatever he wants on the show. I listen to the show because Gavin is on it and is very entertaining, informative about poker. Sure, durrrr may play at higher limits but that doesnt mean Gavin doesnt have every right to be there along with the FOUNDER OF POKERROAD JOE SEBOK!
Old 11-14-2007, 04:40 PM

I can tolerate Bart, but I would looooooove it if they bring back Joe Stapleton, only a matter of time before they realize that Stapes is better for that show, bring back Joey Stapes and let Bart do a show with Huff.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, hate on Gavin Smith much. Dude, show some respect for one of the best players in poker, he has every right to say whatever he wants on the show. I listen to the show because Gavin is on it and is very entertaining, informative about poker. Sure, durrrr may play at higher limits but that doesnt mean Gavin doesnt have every right to be there along with the FOUNDER OF POKERROAD JOE SEBOK!

[/ QUOTE ]

Eugene Todd is that you bro?
Old 11-14-2007, 04:41 PM

Thats your OPINION, its not a fact and you are simply wrong about them being "idiots". Like your an authority figure dude - lol at your stupid hating post.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:42 PM

Nice, 1 post and someone got it!!! Nice!!!!!!!!