Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would You Give Up Poker For True Love?
yes 293 72.35%
no 112 27.65%
Voters: 405. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-04-2007, 03:37 PM

Default Re: **2007 AFC South Thread**

TFG,

I need someone to tell me that I'm not a bad person. I was just offered tickets to Giants vs Jets this weekend and took them in a heartbeat. I just realized that the JAX/KC game is on at 1(not 4 which I originially thought).

Am I an awful fan that I'm gonna miss the game but be at a NFL game?
Old 10-04-2007, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TFG,

I need someone to tell me that I'm not a bad person. I was just offered tickets to Giants vs Jets this weekend and took them in a heartbeat. I just realized that the JAX/KC game is on at 1(not 4 which I originially thought).

Am I an awful fan that I'm gonna miss the game but be at a NFL game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Given your location, no you're neither bad fan nor bad person, but because you root for a different team then I do, I like to envision you and Hitler having tea, so yes you are a bad person.

Cody
Old 10-04-2007, 05:12 PM

Cody,

Thank you for taking me down a few notches. I always need that.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:15 PM

This should make you feel better

Why Cody started Praying

Cody
Old 10-07-2007, 03:52 PM

Yeahhh Jags, man the Chiefs suck but yeaaa! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Needle, didn't get to watch a lot give me an overview.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:52 PM

I just got back to Kutztown after being in Jersey the past 24 hours(went home last night and to the Giants game today). From what I can tell our defense was stifling, LJ had nowhere to go at all. The Chief's passing attack deep was nonexistent and they were forced on a lot of short routes. Our offense put up a respectable 17 points on the road which was more than enough.

Garrard is going to be an elite QB eventually, 20-27 and he really really likes Lewis and Northcutt. This Oline is getting it together, I'll put more once I get to analyze it more. Great great game though from what I can tell.(giants game was an amazing game to go to, soooo much fun).
Old 10-07-2007, 09:58 PM

Damn travel, didn't get to post much today, but wow, 4-0 week for the AFC South. At this point I'm starting to wonder if we'll get both wild cards.

Cody
Old 10-08-2007, 12:32 AM

After looking at everything it looks like the Jags dodged and early bullet and made the Chiefs pay dearly. a 30 yard field goal was missed by the KC kicker and the Jags just took it to them on defense for the rest of the game. They clearly keyed in on LJ and made Huard beat them. Huard could not get the ball to his wideouts, and then Croyle came in.

This defense is the real deal when they are healthy. They got healthy over that bye week. This offensive line can be devastating when they are in synch, they got in synch over the bye week.

The Texans come into JAX next week, Andre Johnson might be back for the game. Jaguars are 0-1 in the division, this is a must win game early in the season. You have to win division games at home and to go 0-2 and both losses at home would be devastating after two road wins at places that historically are tough to play at.

These next two weeks may tell us who this Jags team is in 07. A split isn't good enough, 2 wins is what they need. They go on a 3 game road trip(Tampa, New Orleans, and then the Titans). Like Cody said, they division went 4-0 today, that isn't good for any AFC South teams. The division is tough which is going to make it harder for the teams here. Colts might be looking over their shoulder this season when they haven't had to in years.

1/4 of the season has been amazing. Hopefully this divison keeps up the fun for the next 3/4 of the season. Good football and a good journey is all I ask for.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:00 AM

The Colts win today was one of the most impressive games I've seen them play. Its not often you see a team lose 5 starters in one game then bounce back a week later and dominate.

Kenton Keith said hello to the NFL in style, carrying 28 times for 121 yards with 2 scores and adding 5 catches for 37 more yards. If there are more guys like him hiding in Canada then we all need to watch more CFL.

I know TB has some injuries of their own but its its hard to overstate just how dominating the D was. Missing both starting OLBs and everyones favorite cannonball Bob Sanders, the remaining guys played like men possessed. Tampa managed just 17 yards rushing, a stat I'd like to know is how many 17+ yard rushes the Colts gave up last year.

The combination of Keith's rushing and the defense resulted in a 38-22 edge in TOP, including an absurd 3rd quarter in which the Colts held the ball for over 14 minutes.

They are flying somewhat under the radar due to all the attention that New England is getting but this Colts team looks like its the best one yet.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Damn travel, didn't get to post much today, but wow, 4-0 week for the AFC South. At this point I'm starting to wonder if we'll get both wild cards.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

The only reason why we wouldn't is that we'll give each other too many losses from head-to-head competition. Who else is there? Obviously no one in the AFC East.

Baltimore hasn't played one truly impressive game yet. They have two last-second wins against bottom-feeders and a close win at home against Arizona whom I think will make the playoffs so I guess that was a decent win. Cleveland is an OK team, but I don't see them getting more than 8 wins.

In the AFC West I still think San Diego is really good and they'll bounce back to go 10-6 or so. No one else in the division is better than any AFC South team IMO, although Oakland is playing pretty well and could challenge for a Wild Card.

Indy and Jacksonville both looked awesome yesterday. Didn't catch the Tennessee and Houston games, but they're both on NFL Replay so I'll watch them this week. Houston has struggled against two pretty bad teams but they're hanging around with a lot of injuries which is all you can ask for. Right now I think Tennessee and Jacksonville are the favorites to get Wild Cards, but it's close enough that if Houston beats Jacksonville next week, they'd pass them.