Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 06:15 PM

Default Re: Absolute Poker Scandal: An Inside Job

[ QUOTE ]
I just wanted to quote this post by the watchdog on 2+2

[ QUOTE ]
Paranoid freak..jajaj I dind't even know about this new feature...
relax buddy

[/ QUOTE ]

And I wanted to say that "jajaj" is the spanish way to say "haha", so this could go against the hypothesis that Scott Tom= the watchdog, unless he is of latin american origin obv.

Post can be found here:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rt=all&vc=1

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anybody benefits from this kinda of analysis. There's already enough conclusions being jumped to with more reasonable evidence.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think this pretty much shows that when that dude claimed mark seif could see his hole cards he wasn't lying and that has been my gut feeling all alone. Seif is apparently Scott Tom's boy.

[/ QUOTE ]

theres no evidence at all with anything involving mark seif, just one guy who was getting his ass kicked in one HU session.

[/ QUOTE ]

He wasn't lying in that post. He was genuinely shocked and confused at how mark seif could open fold to him in a capped pot pre when he flopped a full house. Sure it is one story but he wasn't lying. That is what happened from that guys perspective and the timeline is very convenient. Mark Seif obviously has a very close personal relationship with potripper and co.

[/ QUOTE ]
1 hand isn't evidence sir
Old 10-16-2007, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Another question: if these were the site's owners, why would they have to chipdump to other accounts before withdrawing?

[/ QUOTE ]

good question

[/ QUOTE ]

because the accounts didnt belong to them and they had to get the money into accounts that did.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the Dan Druff theory. But the later evidence suggests that POTRIPPER actually was registered to Scott Tom directly, unless I'm missing things. That makes it plausible the other accounts are, too, and that the dumping was all done as a hilariously misguided attempt to say "See, no cheating here! Regressing nicely to the mean, boss!"

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I believe it was account 363 that was registered to Scott himself. We still don't know who POTRIPPER was registered to, right?

Also, keep in mind that POTRIPPER and STEAMROLLER were never actually seen dumping chips, to my knowledge. Only GRAYCAT and DOUBLEDRAG were witnessed doing this. Perhaps STEAMROLLER and POTRIPPER were directly registered to Scott & pals, while GRAYCAT and DOUBLEDRAG (the first two to show up on the cheating scene) were compromised.

Keep in mind that over 300k was dumped from DOUBLEDRAG to REYMNALDO. There has to be a reason for this -- and I doubt it was just a pathetic attempt to show that DOUBLEDRAG can run bad.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Even though it was an inside job, it probably didn't involve too many people. Therefore, even as one of the owners of AP, Scott had to keep things hush-hush. He couldn't exactly approach security/payments and ask them to cash out GRAYCAT's money to a different person, as that would arouse huge suspicion.

Chip dumping was the easiest solution.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't it be sort of odd for him to have an account there for playing at all anyway? I thought it was standard procedure to not play in one's own room. If he's already breaking that taboo, why can't he have multiple accounts?
Old 10-16-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just wanted to quote this post by the watchdog on 2+2

[ QUOTE ]
Paranoid freak..jajaj I dind't even know about this new feature...
relax buddy

[/ QUOTE ]

And I wanted to say that "jajaj" is the spanish way to say "haha", so this could go against the hypothesis that Scott Tom= the watchdog, unless he is of latin american origin obv.

Post can be found here:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rt=all&vc=1

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anybody benefits from this kinda of analysis. There's already enough conclusions being jumped to with more reasonable evidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

he seems to live/work reside in Costa Rica, so yeah, very odd he is using latin american diction to colour his posts
Old 10-16-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

No, I believe it was account 363 that was registered to Scott himself. We still don't know who POTRIPPER was registered to, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's adanthar's post from earlier:

[ QUOTE ]
If you guys remember, there were two people watching Potripper's table. One is #363; the other is assumed to be Potripper. That second account's email address is scott@rivieraltd.com.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am taking that to mean POTRIPPER = Scott. Given that he clearly has a sock puppet account here named POTSLAMMER, very plausible, to me.

[ QUOTE ]

Also, keep in mind that POTRIPPER and STEAMROLLER were never actually seen dumping chips, to my knowledge. Only GRAYCAT and DOUBLEDRAG were witnessed doing this. Perhaps STEAMROLLER and POTRIPPER were directly registered to Scott & pals, while GRAYCAT and DOUBLEDRAG (the first two to show up on the cheating scene) were compromised.

Keep in mind that over 300k was dumped from DOUBLEDRAG to REYMNALDO. There has to be a reason for this -- and I doubt it was just a pathetic attempt to show that DOUBLEDRAG can run bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

While you're probably right, I'd like to believe that's what is going on for sheer entertainment value.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:21 PM

These aren't the brightest cheaters in the world, remember he called an all in with T high, lets not over estimate their intelligence.

Another possibility for the chip dump is the geniuses that put this plan together thought it would look good if the account started losing money - like hey look at me i am not cheating if i was cheating would i be losing all this money.

I realize this sounds idiotic, but its pretty obvious to me that these thieves weren't that bright and were possibly bordering on retarded.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Even though it was an inside job, it probably didn't involve too many people. Therefore, even as one of the owners of AP, Scott had to keep things hush-hush. He couldn't exactly approach security/payments and ask them to cash out GRAYCAT's money to a different person, as that would arouse huge suspicion.

Chip dumping was the easiest solution.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't it be sort of odd for him to have an account there for playing at all anyway? I thought it was standard procedure to not play in one's own room. If he's already breaking that taboo, why can't he have multiple accounts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good chance that none of the accounts there (other than the superuser) were registered to him.

My theory is that SUPERCARDM55, REYMNALDO, and whoever else received chip dumps are friends/relatives of Scott.

The reason for the chip-dumping is that he took over existing accounts (GRAYCAT/DOUBLEDRAG/etc.) to initially cheat, thus making it look more legitimate. Then, of course, he had to dump the winnings to accounts that could actually cash out to where he wanted the money.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:24 PM

Why did he dump rather than xfer if he owns the site?
Old 10-16-2007, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's adanthar's post from earlier:
[ QUOTE ]
If you guys remember, there were two people watching Potripper's table. One is #363; the other is assumed to be Potripper. That second account's email address is scott@rivieraltd.com.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am taking that to mean POTRIPPER = Scott. Given that he clearly has a sock puppet account here named POTSLAMMER, very plausible, to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Adanthar is wrong. We don't know that the 2nd guy was ever on POTRIPPER's table. The only connection is that he was on the same IP as 363 and he has an AP email address.
Closed Thread