Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: WR (pick two)
Chris Chambers vs. GB 6 33.33%
Chad Johnson vs. Car 5 27.78%
Reggie Williams @ Hou 7 38.89%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-25-2007, 11:00 AM

Default Re: U.S Poker Bowl - complete joke or potentially viable?

seems like a decent idea that will probably end in disaster.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:34 PM

The Poker Bowl has been working successfully for many years. I play in the league run by the creator of this team format, and we've played a team tournament every season for several years. The difference is that it is now going national.

It is a very fun format and adds a lot of new dimensions to the game.

Cheating is not allowed. You are not in any way allowed to signal to your partner about anything, not with words, gestures, or chip placement. The key is to understand your partner and why he or she does certain actions.

For example, if you're in the big blind and your partner raises, is your partner wanting to play a good hand or is your partner wanting you to come over the top so he or she can give you some chips? If someone calls your partner's raise, should come over the top and try to take it away, or get out of the way and let your partner handle it? If you misread your partner's intentions, you or your partner can lose a lot of chips.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Cheating is not allowed. You are not in any way allowed to signal to your partner about anything, not with words, gestures, or chip placement. The key is to understand your partner and why he or she does certain actions.

For example, if you're in the big blind and your partner raises, is your partner wanting to play a good hand or is your partner wanting you to come over the top so he or she can give you some chips? If someone calls your partner's raise, should come over the top and try to take it away, or get out of the way and let your partner handle it? If you misread your partner's intentions, you or your partner can lose a lot of chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, sounds like a huge joke of a game that favors the team which figures out the most effective way to collude. Your explanation to the contrary is frivolous.

The format would actually be much better if you did allow signaling and more obvious methods of team play.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It is a very fun format and adds a lot of new dimensions to the game.

Cheating is not allowed.The key is to understand your partner and why he or she does certain actions.

For example, if you're in the big blind and your partner raises, is your partner wanting to play a good hand or is your partner wanting you to come over the top so he or she can give you some chips? If someone calls your partner's raise, should come over the top and try to take it away, or get out of the way and let your partner handle it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad you cleared this cheating stuff up for us.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:59 PM

A1 Minraises
B1 calls
A2 Min-reraises
A1 Min-reraises
B1 Calls
A2 Min-reraises

This is gonna be awesome
Old 10-09-2007, 07:08 PM

I really don't know why idiots continue to promote team poker in this discredited format which always leads to cheating. There are completely successful formats that use one table satellites/ points and a final table based on performance in the satellites.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:04 PM

Location: just a skinny azzzed short stacking gossip hurling trouble maker

i passed up a spot on team boston because they are unbelievable outclassed, some of these teams have 6 winning live pros, some of them had live satelites to draft their team. There is going to be a serious skill disparity between teams that outsourced pros and teams that found people from the area.

Also when i was offered the spot on the team, the rules explicitly ALLOWED any form of non verbal signaling and i thought everyone was going to start looking like a 3rd base coach
Old 10-09-2007, 08:11 PM

i think this tourney is a bad idea but I also think its really cool and more interesting then a regular MTT would be. To be a very good team you would need a ton of practice and discussion especially once signals get involved.

If I would be 100% back on time for fallsview WPT I would be interested in playing in this if anyone needs another team member out there.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:26 PM

Im on the San Diego team we def have easiest conference out of what I saw. Team is mostly 2+2ers.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:37 PM

Harrahs tried something along these lines 2 years ago after the WSOP. It was the Team Poker Challenge or something to that effect. It obviously didn't survive. Basically you had teams of 4 people and there were ways to eliminate players on other teams but you were able to call for time out and run to your team to discuss what you wanted to do in the hand, away from the table. Complete and utter joke. WTF ever happened to 1 player to a hand?