Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2006, 02:29 PM

Default Monster Meta-Beat

Last Saturday when the jackpot was over 600K, I N-tabled some FR Monster $2/4 Limit until the jackpot hit. Since it hit on a $2/4 table (not one of mine), I got the same "the jackpot has been hit" popup a bunch of times at once.

Each time I clicked the "X" in the upper right corner. (I don't remember if there was an "OK" or anything like that in the body of the popup.)

Then I realized hey, since I was on the same type of table, I was supposed to have won something, like an entry into some freeroll.

Unless I'm illiterate, Party's web site seems to indicate that I was supposed to get an entry in the weekly Monster freeroll. But when I went to register for it, the "Register" button was disabled and the disclaimer said something like "check website for eligibility."

Apparently I win NOTHING and like it.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Monster Meta-Beat

[ QUOTE ]
Last Saturday when the jackpot was over 600K, I N-tabled some FR Monster $2/4 Limit until the jackpot hit. Since it hit on a $2/4 table (not one of mine), I got the same "the jackpot has been hit" popup a bunch of times at once.

Each time I clicked the "X" in the upper right corner. (I don't remember if there was an "OK" or anything like that in the body of the popup.)

Then I realized hey, since I was on the same type of table, I was supposed to have won something, like an entry into some freeroll.

Unless I'm illiterate, Party's web site seems to indicate that I was supposed to get an entry in the weekly Monster freeroll. But when I went to register for it, the "Register" button was disabled and the disclaimer said something like "check website for eligibility."

Apparently I win NOTHING and like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one who thinks that the Monster promotion cannot possibly be worth the trouble of learning all the rules? Kind of like the game show Winning Lines.

Sadly, looks like this one's your fault, for knowing the system well enough to expect the freeroll in the first place.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:38 PM

it auto-reg's you I believe. It did for me. Check your name on the list.
Old 09-01-2006, 04:02 PM

It has to be the same type of 2/4 table. I.e., full ring LHE vs. 6max vs. PL vs. NL. So you'd only get the freeroll to the 100k if the BBJ was hit on a 2/4 LHE FR table.

This, of course, is assuming that I understand the rules, which is a big assumption.
Old 09-01-2006, 04:13 PM

I don't think 6max vs. FR matters, just same limit of the same game type.