Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 02:46 PM

Default Re: Sketchy Internet \"pharmacies\"

[ QUOTE ]
I read an article about the "online doctor-patient consultation" and the impression I got was that the doctors who were doing it tended to be doctors close to retirement or in financial trouble, and that doctors were starting to lose licenses now that their online stuff was getting reviewed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes the OP i worked for had hired doctors who were mostly retired and paid them a percentage of orders they received. We had a system that randomly sent orders to doctors for their review. Each customer fills out a lengthy questionnaire before ordering and thats what they supposed to review and then they approve or disapprove, and sometimes follow up with the patient. Of course we had doctors who were cheaper and we funneled most of the orders to them [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

oh we also had their signatures saved as a graphic and we were able to apply that to an RX and ship that along with the patient's order, so it was pretty legit only thing missing was the physical doctor patient relationship.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:16 PM

i have a friend - not a close one - just some dude ive hung out with who ordered pain pills online - something you shouldn't be able to get - probably oxy. anyway, he got it shipped to his office, and when it arrived it had some wires and a box wrapped around it - kind of like the anti theft devices they put on dvd box sets at best buy.

he didnt know what it was, but he cut the wire to get to his drugs. 5 seconds later dea agents descended on his office. they had determined that there was black tar heroin in the box - i believe it was shipped from turkey.

anyway - he went to jail etc while it all got sorted out. after testing the substance it was determined to be some total bunk - like essentially the chemical makeup of cough syrup.

dude wound up still facing charges - dont remember what they were, but i believe he plead down to something that was still a felony becuase it screwed up his professional life bigtime - he is involved in securities and to this day the company he works for has to keep him in a relatively insignificant position so they dont have to disclose his felony in filings and materials.

be careful.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:44 AM

i am glad i quit taking opiates before i stumbled on this thread lol