Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 10:01 PM

Default Re: Ask a Technical Analyst

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you remember how bad things were in 2002-2003? Everybody was afraid of everything, credit worthy companies couldn't get financing at reasonable terms, credit protection on investment grade credits traded at 300 bps, junk bonds were trading at historically huge spreads, and it was a serious fear that huge companies could go bankrupt overnight due to Worldcom and Enron

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Why were the last 5 years different from any other time?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't understand what you are saying. There are always going to extreme events that take place. Nobody can predict them, even though lots of people think they were obvious after they already happened.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What do the charts of SPY and VTI tell you right now?
I'd be interested in an opinion for the next few month..

[/ QUOTE ]

I will get to this tonight, once I set up a photobucket account, or something that can show the chart and all my markings on it to give you a better picture, short answer right now...

SPY - tommorow's action will tip the hat. If we go up, and break past 148, either tommorow or in the next couple of days, then I would suggest a long until 154. If we go down tommorow or in the next couple of days, and break through 144, then 139ish, is the next stop down. So we will see tommorow. This is how I trade. Anticipatory trades are very destructive. Let the market tip its hat and then make your move.

VTI - Same analysis applies. Wait for tommorow, break 148 on the way up, and watch for very low 153, if that,,it will be tight up there. One the way down, look for 139ish...

THE HUN.

[/ QUOTE ]

TheHun,

thanks for that. Do you have some purdy pitures for us yet?
Old 08-01-2007, 12:38 AM

A long time ago I used to read quite a bit on technical analysis and do some trading, use some charting programs. I remember liking Martin Pring's book a lot.

If I were to get back into studying technical analysis, would you recommend I avoid Pring, go back to him, whatever? And I'm unaware of the programs they have out now. Do you have any recommendations for programs that will help chart mutual funds? Stocks? Options?
Old 08-03-2007, 01:44 PM

i'd massively appreciate it if you could reply to my post when you next come on to the forum. if you could see flaws in my plan it could save me a very low 5 figure sum.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:20 PM

next stop .72