Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2006, 12:07 AM

Default Re: A sub-point

[ QUOTE ]

Your Utopian idea that we will all be equal is nonsense. Can you point to anywhere in the history of the world, outside one of your textbook hypotheticals, where this has happened.

NCAces

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you google "cooperatively owned companies" yourself.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Your Utopian idea that we will all be equal is nonsense. Can you point to anywhere in the history of the world, outside one of your textbook hypotheticals, where this has happened.

NCAces

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you google "cooperatively owned companies" yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks nit ... I never knew google existed. Why don't you counter my arguments? A handful of companies that exist and thrive in that manner doesn't prove a thing other than a few like minded people can get together and make the model work. Moreover, you google your term and read what you find ... you'll find the cooperatives have bosses, boards, and managememtn, and I'll bet if you look deep enough you will see everyone isn't treated equally. And, my points still stand when you look at the larger scale.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:22 AM

haha do you know what a cooperative is?
Old 12-12-2006, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

peritonlogon requested that I google "cooperatively owned companies." I did. The first thing I read was:

"It was very evident that the board and management greatly appreciated the information provided by both Iowa State University and the Iowa Institute of Cooperative, both institutions were crucial in this decision process."

If that isn't what you are talking about fine ... answer my initial post and tell me what cooperatives are successful in the way you state in your posts.

NCAces
Old 12-12-2006, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

peritonlogon requested that I google "cooperatively owned companies." I did. The first thing I read was:

"It was very evident that the board and management greatly appreciated the information provided by both Iowa State University and the Iowa Institute of Cooperative, both institutions were crucial in this decision process."

If that isn't what you are talking about fine ... answer my initial post and tell me what cooperatives are successful in the way you state in your posts.

NCAces

[/ QUOTE ]

Cooperatives are firms that produce gooods where people don't sell their labor power.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:25 AM

neverforgetlol,

Just curious - do you feel that the state has no business in the corporate framework and that people should be able to freely associate, or is it that you feel the state must intervene even more in the corporate framework in order to create these cooperatives?
Old 12-12-2006, 01:29 AM

im against the state and capitalism.