Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 10:22 AM

Default KQs Middle Position

My thoughts:

Preflop: Call because hand is best multiway and I want to encourage multiway action.

Flop: Calling two raises I probably should have folded not sure a 3 flush and overcards are worth it here.

Turn: I folded here but probably should have called because I married myself to the pot by calling the flop. I think I have good enough odds to call for a gutshot draw and fold the river if I miss.

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Everest Poker Limit Hold'em, $0.25/$0.50 (HH Converter by Kreatief)

MP3 ($4.25)
CO ($21.43)
Button ($9.95)
SB ($24.90)
BB ($8.80)
UTG+2 ($13.75)
MP1 ($16.00)
MP2 ($21.70) (Hero)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls,

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ( 9.5BB )
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls,

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ( 17.5BB )
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls,

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ( 23.5BB )
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls,
Old 11-10-2007, 10:30 AM

Default Re: KQs Middle Position

Pf: KQs does prefer MW-action. But you should still raise. The important theoretical idea to understand is 'equity edge'. KQs has an equity edge over your opps ranges (the set of hands they may hold). This means that you will win the show-down more often than your share. Your share is 1/(#of players). If you win more than that you have an edge. It is of fundamental importance that you exploit these edges in limit. And you do this by raising.

The flop is a clear fold.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:35 AM

Preflop I would have raised. When it gets back to me for 2 more and MP1 LRR, pot has 14 SB, I call.

When it gets to me on the Flop for 2 with just OC in my hand I let it go.

On the Turn we have a GS draw getting 7.5:1 pot odds, I let it go here too.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

On the Turn we have a GS draw getting 7.5:1 pot odds, I let it go here too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Help me if I am getting my odds right. Roughly when it comes to me there are 20.5BB in the bot it will cost me at least 2 to call. So lets call that 10 to 1 pot odds.

For a gut shot I have 3 outs.. there are 46(52-6)cards in the I haven't seen 3 help me 43 don't so 43/3 is about 14 to 1 of hitting a gutshot. Odds of hitting my hand are worse than those offered by the pot so it's a fold. If it was only 1 BB to me then I should call for the gutshot.

Does this sound about right?
Old 11-10-2007, 11:29 AM

Raise first in with KQs, and I doubt I'm calling 2 when it comes back raised and limp-re-raised pre-flop. The pot is pretty big, but you aren't closing the action and you'd hate it to be capped behind you. I'd want better cards to call 2 but you'll probably get paid if you hit.

On the flop, you didn't hit and have overs that are probably not good and some back door draws. Time to fold when your are facing two.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:38 PM

Raise it preflop. For value and possibly to buy the button.

Fold on the flop.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:36 PM

:g:

Raise pf you wuzz. As played fold the flop.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:34 PM

I'm going to try a grunch.

Preflop: Raise. You're first in. The hand does play multiway but it plays well shorthanded, too. But I think the reason you raise with this hand is because your equity share of the pot is greater than your opponents right now, and you want to put in bets now while you have the best of it.

Flop: You probably have in the neighborhood of 5 outs if you assign 1.5 each to your overcards instead of 3, 1.5 to the BDFD, and I you can also consider the BDSD to be .5. But this might be too optimistic since MP1's Limp reraise suggests he's holding a powerful hand (or that he's an idiot, it would be nice to know more about him). With the flop being 3 bet, I can't feel too good about my chances to win if I spike a K or Q. So even though you're getting 12:1 to call 2 cold on the flop, I think you fold. Especially because CO still to act behind you. Also consider that the aggressors preflop were MP1 and the CO, and now you have SB and UTG+2 showing strength...your outs really could just be your BDFD.

Turn: Fold. It's been a bit of a [censored] trying to count all the bets that have gone in, but by my count, there are about 22 BB in the pot right now; with 2 BB to you, you do have the immediate odds for a GS...but with SB leading the turn, he could raise it up behind you again and instead of paying 2 BB for this card you could end up paying 4 by the time it's all said and done.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:51 PM

Noob Question: What does "Buy the button mean?"
Old 11-10-2007, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Noob Question: What does "Buy the button mean?"

[/ QUOTE ]

If your raise is able to fold out the players between yourself and the blinds, that is known as buying the button.

Thats because you will then be able to act last on the subsequent betting rounds, which is the privilege which the button normally enjoys.