Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2007, 03:41 PM

Default I exhaled

I posted this story in BBV4Life, but I figure I would share it with you golfers of course.

I witnessed one of the craziest things I have ever seen on a golf course yesterday. My dad who at the moment is trying to get on the Champions Tour was playing in a tournament. We were in a qualifier for a tournament, and end up going into a 7 man playoff for 2 spots.

On the green of the first hole, the last guy is putting out. He misses the putt. Immediately, after finishing the hole, he walks over to my dad, looks him dead into the eyes face to face, sighs, and says, "You exhaled when I was putting." My dad was standing at least 20 FEET AWAY, watching him putt and breathing normally like everyone else. My dad asks, "What, are you serious?" and then he semi laughs thinking he is joking but the guy looks him dead in the eye and says, "Yes, you exhaled when I was putting and you did it the last time we played!" (This was five months ago) My dad says, "40 years of playing and no one has ever said that to me, you must have excellent hearing." And then my dad turns his back and walks away.

On the next hole, another opponent walks up and asks my dad, "Did that guy just say what I though he said?" My dad nods his head still in shock. "He must be [censored] crazy!!" LOL

What would you have done in my dads position? Anyone else ever played with golf with deranged people with sonar hearing or have other crazy golf stories to share?

Cliffs:
In a playoff of a golf tournament
Guy is putting
Dad is standing 20ft away from guy, "exhales"
Guy approaches Father and confronts him after putt
Dad laughs and thinks he can't be serious
Guy is dead serious and reminds him that he did it in another tournament 4 months ago