Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2007, 12:13 PM

Default Re: HU newb should I raise the turn? (LIMCASH)

[ QUOTE ]
I think you played it fine. your last post was good info that should have been included in the OP.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok thanks (for both suggestion and comments). Long time lurker but noob poster so I'll take all the advice I can get from the vets.

FWIW villain had JJ and I took it down.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:25 PM

you played the hand well, if you cap this FLop and call down if he leads Turn or if you call a 3bet and calldown from there or if you call a 3bet and raise the Turn depends heavily on your opponent, HU; 3 handed and 6max. And stats over 60 Hands tell basiclly nothing especially HU or 3 handed, you last post contains a lot of good information though.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This hand is 3-handed so I'm going to move it to SSSH.

I'd call the flop 3-bet and raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

are u calling and raising any turn or just this turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well A/K are the only ones that are even remotely questionable IMO. More because we don't want to push him off of 2 outs then that we're behind.

[ QUOTE ]
Are u putting in this many bets postflop becuz of it being 3 handed and villains stats?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah.

[ QUOTE ]
What would be ur line vs a more solid or reasonable player or at a full 6max table,

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends what's reasonable. If reasonable is 26/18/2.3, I'd calldown from the flop 3-bet.

[ QUOTE ]
sometimes not even raising the flop and just calling and betting if checked to

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a big fan of this one. It misses value vs. not only lower pairs but A-high type things that's calldown.

[ QUOTE ]
as played vs this guy I still definitely wouldnt raise the turn even if u didnt cap the flop u get 3 bbs in vs his worse hands (99-JJ he wont always play this way on the flop 18 combos) raising and 4 in vs his better hands often (44 66 88 definitely sometimes kk aa esp if hes prone to spew or overplay 19 combos) where if u just call call u put in 2 bets vs all of them. Some of this is reads tho to know the best answer, will he always slowplay a set somehow, will he always bet 3bet the flop with an overpair, if definitely to both raising still doesnt seem better tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're totally underestimating this guy IMO. A8 is a big part of his range here. K8/A7 are both possible as well. Plus a few high flush draw combos.