Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2007, 11:10 AM

Default 25/50 live, 350bbs deep, I have a set, now facing huge river CR

Effective stacks in the game are 17.5k, it's late night 7 handed in a live game. The swings in this game have been heavy for me, in large part due to one player who continually had my number. He was a wild, unpredictable player. He would not fold to c-bets on 90% of flops, and he made a few river raises against me, and I had to fold one pair hands. One weird hand was where he made it 400 to go preflop, a few callers, I called with A10cc from the blinds, flop came AQ4, checked around, I bet the turn which was a blank, and I bet the river which was a 2, and he instapushed . I folded. He didn't show, but he claimed: "he flopped it."

His name is Florida Mike for anyone who knows him. He is stuck big in the game, as well.

I won a massive pot vs. him where there was a raise preflop,I called with 66, the flop was AJ6 two clubs, bet, call, I raise, fold, villian calls. Turn is an A, boating me, he check calls 2500. The river is the Qc, completing the flush, as well as as a gutshot straight, and he pushes all in, I call, and he asks, "do you have a fliush," and shows his A2o.

Hand in question, villian has around 18000, I cover. There is a 100 straddle, blinds 25/50. I raise utg with 99 to 400. Folds to BB who calls and straddle (villian) completes.

Flop comes J84, two clubs. Checks to me I c-bet 800. BB folds, villian call relcutantly. Turn is a beautiful 9, setting me. HE checks, I bet 2500, he check calls.

At this point I put him on a weak made hand, or a darw. He is mainly more aggresive with real, made hands.

The river is the 6s (flush misses), I decide to bet 3.5k after he checks. This is somewhat small, but I really wanted to get paid out by a random jack he has.

The board is now J8496. He says "I might as well go home," and he chk raise shoves all in for 11.5k more.

What do you put him on, and am I ahead of his reraise shove range?

this one really baffled me. Thanks,
dlpnyc21
Old 03-07-2007, 11:17 AM

Default Re: 25/50 live, 350bbs deep, I have a set, now facing huge river CR

sounds like he could have anything, including a missed draw or worse set or two pair

he probably realizes you're capable of bet/folding, so he could definitely be turning something like JT into a bluff if he thinks it's no good
Old 03-07-2007, 11:21 AM

From what you've written he's crazy aggressive and overvalues his hands, plus he's stuck...

Numerous two pair and underset hands are in his range, and you are getting better than 2:1. I think you're being results-oriented if you overthink this afterwards.

If he gutted you he gutted you.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:25 AM

given how he showed down A2o with that action (he also sucks that hand proves) in the first hand, how can this not be an insta call??
Old 03-07-2007, 11:30 AM

Only thing I can work out is something like 57cc orQTcc, but given that earlier hand I just can't see how I am supposed to fold this, the way he pushed A2 on the river shows what a donkey he is.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:31 AM

from my more limited experience playing with him i think he pushes the river if he rivers his gutshot and very likely plays a turned straight differently. you've played with him a lot, have you ever seen him CR bluff the river?

IMO he has a missed flush or J6 enough to make this a call. he probably thinks (correctly imo) you're not folding a decent hand to a river lead, so if he was going to bluff this is the way he would have to do it, but i haven't seen him do this type of play.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:35 AM

With all the information given, im never folding.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:55 AM

Did this game happen at Foxwoods. Or nearby. the Mike I know from Florida is kinda plump, tan, and horrible. I think he lost 20k in 2 days at the 5-10 2k max buyin at Foxwoods around the WPT this fall. Post it here or PM me. If it is the same Mike, muck since he has 57cc 7tcc or Qtcc here a ton of the time.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If it is the same Mike, muck since he has 57cc 7tcc or Qtcc here a ton of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

while 57cc is obviously a hand he can get to the river with (though i think he leads out with that hand on the river most of the time), i would be very surprised to see a turned straight given the turn ch-call and river check (from this player).
Old 03-07-2007, 12:35 PM

You know if he has a straight he has a straight, but I mean this guy clearly undervalues hands and could be doing this with two pair or a smaller set, or even on a busted str8 draw/flush draw. This guy's a loose cannon after all! I say call.