N. Coffee 25 58.14%
Espresso etc 3 6.98%
Girly Coffee 6 13.95%
Herbal Tea 2 4.65%
Tea (milk..) 7 16.28%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-04-2006, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Bears 2006 Season Thread

1 thing that's amazing though is the Cowboys are avoiding just about every injury. They haven't had a major one in a while. I think by the law of averages, there luck will eventually run out. The Giants outplayed Dallas yesterday outside the red zone. They just couldn't punch it in when they should have and had to take short FGs.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At least Cedric Benson is a bright note from this week's offense. He is really running hard and is making an awesome compliment to Jones. The running game needs to step up big time over the next couple of weeks for this team to have any shot.

[/ QUOTE ] QFT

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The offensive playcalling is not adapting to what teams are trying to do and it is putting Rex Grossman into tough situations.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed big time

the teams are too close in talent level in the NFL to run the same scheme over and over and have it work.
For some reason, Grossman is not progressing. BTW, whatever happened to throwing a medium route? I haven't seen the Bears hit the 8-17 yard downfield pass much at all lately.

I don't think much can be said about Yesterday, though, as the conditions were awful and Minny has a great run D. Tough to get points in that scenario.

Was it anyone else, or did the field seem really slow as well? Skill players seemed to be running through sand at some points.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well I think the single digit wind chill had something to do with that. Tough to stretch out those legs in the cold.

By the way why do I completely agree with you? Is it College Basketball time already? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2006, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By the way why do I completely agree with you?

[/ QUOTE ]

because I'm only talking about the game on the field and not ridiculing fan bases.
don't forget...I am a jackass
Old 12-05-2006, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That could be even more of a problem if Pro Bowl defensive tackle Tommie Harris is out for an extended period of time. Harris had an MRI Monday after spraining his left knee in the third quarter Sunday. Smith said he doesn't know how long Harris will be out but added that the injury is not season-ending.

[/ QUOTE ]

(from the article on ESPN where Lovie says Rex is still the QB...) Sprained knee huh? That sucks. Hope he gets enough rest and doesn't try to come back too soon.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:51 PM

I just sat for an hour looking at all the NFC contenders' schedules and trying to see the best permutations and playoff matchups for the beloved Bears.

I wasted my time. As of right now I don't care who we draw in the playoffs: If we can't beat any two teams from this edition of the NFC (playing at home), then I will sleep OK knowing we were just as lousy as they were.

We're going to be the favorite in every game from here until the Super Bowl. Now go do it.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:46 PM

ugh....Tommie Harris injury sounds bad from the latest news

IMO, he was the NFC defensive POTY

I don't see the Bears winning a playoff game without him
very bad break
Old 12-08-2006, 07:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ugh....Tommie Harris injury sounds bad from the latest news

I don't see the Bears winning a playoff game without him
very bad break

[/ QUOTE ]

At this point it is still just one report that says he is out for the playoffs. From what I could gather it wasn't a tear when they saw the MRI so how he will recover is anyone's guess. There is also one report that says he could be back for the NFC championship game which is more than a month away.

If it is a tear, it is a tough loss for the Bears. However, he has not been as dominant since the first few weeks of the year and really the run defense is better without him. His main job in the run defense was to eat up a double team. Boone can do that simply with his size. It hurts the pass rush alot and really forces Tank Johnson to step up. Also, they will be forced to come with more blitzes, leaving Tillman and Vasher on islands at time.

I think your slightly over-stating that they can't win a playoff game without him. I would like to point out they are still in the NFC.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on now. He doesn't get a ton of tackles and hasn't had a sack in 7 games.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:28 AM

a very positive development for the Bears that their line did dominate an inferior Rams D-line

Benson is coming along

Home field is uber-important to the Bears IMO
I don't think they want to play New Orleans in their dome
Old 12-12-2006, 03:22 AM

This was a very solid game all around. I am sure this took a massive load off of Rex's back. I know it's a weak defense, but if he can get some confidence back then we can do things. Also as mt2r noted, the game plan for Rex was much better this week. I can feel proud to post with my avatar again. Hell, he might still make the pro-bowl even if he does not really deserve it.