Girly Coffee 6 13.95%
Herbal Tea 2 4.65%
Tea (milk..) 7 16.28%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-04-2006, 11:59 AM

Default Re: Bears 2006 Season Thread

I asked a few people what they thought:

the word on the street.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2006, 12:08 PM

I guess they ran the ball decently yesterday. Problem is a lot of the good teams can stop this game plan, namely the Cowboys, Chargers when healthy, Patriots. The Vikings also do stop the running of the ball very well. I believe the Vikings have the 30th worst pass D before the game, but they played well yesterday. I guess the Bears don't have many guys who can catch the ball short? Muslim would seem like a good candidate.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess they ran the ball decently yesterday. Problem is a lot of the good teams can stop this game plan, namely the Cowboys, Chargers when healthy, Patriots. The Vikings also do stop the running of the ball very well. I believe the Vikings have the 30th worst pass D before the game, but they played well yesterday. I guess the Bears don't have many guys who can catch the ball short? Muslim would seem like a good candidate.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize there was a 16-30 mph crosswind throughout the game. The Bears basically didn't pass the whole second half.

The sad part is I'm starting to agree with MyTurn. Bears fans just want to see defense and running the ball down the other teams throat. While I want them to run the ball, as they run the ball more effectively it should be because of the pass and they should be able to pass if they can't run.

Most teams in the first few weeks were bringing the safety down into the box and that was why the Bears were going deep. Now if that safety is back to stop the deep pass they should be able to run. It's the inablity to get into a groove understanding when the other team will be in what that seems to be hurting the Bears right now. The offensive playcalling is not adapting to what teams are trying to do and it is putting Rex Grossman into tough situations.

The Bears need to be able to play well in ice cold windy conditions, because that is what their HFA is. The fourth quarter prevent not withstanding the Vikings never had a prayer to move the ball yeasterday. Half of it was the defense the other half was the weather. The Bears offense must find a way to play well in that weather. Because there is no team in the NFC and maybe two teams (might just be the Patriots) in the AFC that can play in that type of weather. And if the Bears see another AFC team this season, I'll be real happy.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:42 PM

I'm not just talking about yesterday. I'm talking about much of the last 5 or so weeks. They haven't passed the ball that effectively other than the Giants game. The Giants team seem to be a bit overrated while at the time I thought was a contender for the NFC.

Honestly the Bears team is still good DESPITE their O. Most teams don't want to win despite their O. They scored what 16 points D and special teams?
Old 12-04-2006, 04:33 PM

Even in the first few weeks of the year the Bears were never going to be a 300 yard a game passing team. There should be a few key parts of their passing game. Ability to complete some short quick passes to keep linebackers honest. Some mid range passes to pick up third down and second downs. Some long passes to keep the safeties out of the box. A nice 16/30 for 225 yards. Just enough to be a threat. Of course at this point the passing offense has been just that, only a threat. They have not won that battle the past two weeks.

Some has been Grossman, some has been the playcalling. This week there was really just the one interception that was Rex's fault. The problem is the more bad luck he has, the more the pressure will build on him. The more pressure that builds on him, the more he will try and force things.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:37 PM

Do any Bears fans actually have faith in Rex Grossman if he has to face Dallas?
Old 12-04-2006, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the same faith in Rex Grossman against every team. He could be good he could be bad. I have no idea. Nobody does.

I have a ton of faith the Bears can beat the Cowboys. Mainly because at this point I think Tony Romo is Rex Grossman of Christmas past. Taking chances that keep coming out smelling like roses. Having a "bad game" and then saving it with a "gutsy pass" in the end to win the game. Both could turn out to be good. But as high as Romo is right now there is a valley to come. It happens with all young QBs. And the longer his peak lasts the closer to the playoffs the valley comes. And for some reason I don't see Parcells keeping the kid's confidence up.

I also think the Cowboys have a really bad offensive line that the Bears front four can exploit. Plus, their ends have the speed to run down Romo. They have really bad safeties who often blow their deep coverage and corners who cannot run with speed recievers. Plus, they have poor special teams, while the Bears have some of the best and Gould>>>>>>>>>>>& gt;>>Gramatica. While the Cowboys have two good recievers, the Cowboys offense does not give them opportunities to get open against the Bears with short quick passes underneath, which is how any team that has been able to move the ball through the air has moved the ball.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But as high as Romo is right now there is a valley to come.

[/ QUOTE ]

was just about to say this.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in rex I don't. Do I have faith in Urlacher and company to beat Dallas? Yes I do. Grossman has hit rock bottom. Hopefully he can find a way to work his way up.

I just don't know what to think about Rex Grossman. I have no faith in Greise either. Each week he gets worse and worse.

At least Cedric Benson is a bright note from this week's offense. He is really running hard and is making an awesome compliment to Jones. The running game needs to step up big time over the next couple of weeks for this team to have any shot.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The offensive playcalling is not adapting to what teams are trying to do and it is putting Rex Grossman into tough situations.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed big time

the teams are too close in talent level in the NFL to run the same scheme over and over and have it work.
For some reason, Grossman is not progressing. BTW, whatever happened to throwing a medium route? I haven't seen the Bears hit the 8-17 yard downfield pass much at all lately.

I don't think much can be said about Yesterday, though, as the conditions were awful and Minny has a great run D. Tough to get points in that scenario.

Was it anyone else, or did the field seem really slow as well? Skill players seemed to be running through sand at some points.