Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 11:36 AM

Default Re: The Well: TheMetetron

[ QUOTE ]
How often do you c/r flops? What criteria you use to determine a good spot for a c/r (on the flop)?
I'm asking this because it annoys me when people c/r me after I cbet, but it seems every time I try to do it to other people they call.
Also, how often do you bet the turn after a failed c/r on flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming you mean if I just called preflop from the blinds or something like that. Depends a lot on the texture of the board and how often the guy c-bets. Someone c-betting 90% of flops is going to get c/r'd a lot more than someone c-betting 60%. Also, lower card flops or flops like J65 with 2 spades are money flops for c/r'ing. I will only rarely follow through on the turn without a specific read that the guy will fold to the turn bet.

On the flip side of this one of the things I'm really good at is spotting [censored] c/r'ing me on the flop with air. Learn how to do it yourself and watch for others trying to pull the same thing on you. If you can narrow their range down to air/set, your cards no longer matter and I'd call their c/r with anything.

[ QUOTE ]
What is the most you've won in one day? Lost?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think won is about $15k and lost is around $8k.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you play/do you advocate a nittish game at small stakes or did you play an opened up game all through the different limits?

[/ QUOTE ]

I played nittish at small stakes, but people can play however loose they are comfortable with. I just wasn't ready for it until I got to MSNL.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pics of yourself / your adventures?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's one from last week when I went rafting on the Chilean/Argentine border.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Also, I don't only play at Party Poker (but "American" sites too!) and do so for a reason: Party Poker isn't some sort of golden promise land where money grows off trees. The regulars there, are surprise, surprise, better than the regulars on any other site. I know, who would've guessed.

[/ QUOTE ]

the datamining i've seen suggests that there are very, very few players at any level on stars & full tilt sustaining long-term winrates > 3-4ptbb/100. in fact, there really aren't many sustaining winrates even that high.

yes, players sometimes enjoy 30k stretches at 6ptbb+, even 50-60k. but over 100k+ hands, winrates that high just do not appear to be sustainable.

have you played 100k+ hands at any one level on a US site at > 6ptbb/100? have you played 100k+ cumulatively on US sites at > 6ptbb/100?

if you say you have, i'll believe you. but i just want to confirm this before i proceed to additional questions. you've described yourself as a >6ptbb/100 winner, but i just want to make sure that you've truly established that to be accurate on US sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

My push towards incorporating other sites into my game is fairly recent so I don't yet have 100k hands at non-US sites. When I do, I'll post results.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looking back on my datamining for Party, the biggest winner with a sample of over 50k hands aside from me is 5.5 PTBB/100 over 55k hands over my datamining of around 2 million hands at $3/6+. No one else is above 4.5 PTBB/100.

Now, I'll admit my sample size of 2 million raw hands isn't huge, but it isn't insignificant either. I don't think there are many people on any sites pulling in 6 PTBB/100 or more long-term, so I feel proud of what I've accomplished.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Despite the millions of hands I've played variance makes me tilt. If I lose a few buyins one of two things happens: a) I shut everything down or b) I tilt off more buyins until a happens.

The only other real problem I have is thinking everyone is always making a move at me especially when playing higher stakes. This is becoming much less of a problem recently.

[/ QUOTE ]

First - thanks for taking the time to answering my q above. Very helpful and appreciated.

Second - your major issues sound like things eveyone goes through - what have you done to help minimize / cope with them?

Personally, I can play my A game for quite a week in god mode and somehow manage to have one bad run bad / play worse session undo quite a bit of that work. Would love to know how you deal with this.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:35 PM

That's something I've been thinking about also. When I run bad/breakeven I can put in insane amounts in both playing hands and studying but when I've been on a roll a few days I get very unmotivated. Have you had these kinds of problems and if so, how have you tackled them?

Btw. wells usually don't run for more than 24 hours but I don't mind at all, as long as you're willing to answer our questions. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2007, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's something I've been thinking about also. When I run bad/breakeven I can put in insane amounts in both playing hands and studying but when I've been on a roll a few days I get very unmotivated. Have you had these kinds of problems and if so, how have you tackled them?

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely have this problem. Let me know when you fix it.

[ QUOTE ]
Second - your major issues sound like things eveyone goes through - what have you done to help minimize / cope with them?

[/ QUOTE ]

I minimize the tilt by trying to stop playing when I lose a few buyins. Even a 30 minute break to clear your head can do wonders for your game.

I combated thinking everyone was making a move on me turning me into a spewtard by slowing down during hands and looking at a players numbers and thinking things through before acting. It may seem like this guy is always playing back at me but his numbers don't support him doing that often enough for me to go crazy here. Helped a ton.

[ QUOTE ]
Btw. wells usually don't run for more than 24 hours but I don't mind at all, as long as you're willing to answer our questions. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah wasn't really sure on how that worked. I figure if people were still asking questions I should answer them. Still let's try to not clog this forum and wrap this all up soon.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
TM,

good posts all the way.

1) what are your suggestions to avoid burn out, or cope with it(include your experiences, if you will pl).
2) what would you suggest the transition be from a 2-tabler to a 4-tabler to a 6-tabler etc.
3) what's your peak point to date at poker....what's your bottom. Also, do you think you are still peaking(rise)or getting stagnant....?(poker wise, of course)
4) what do you say about the concept of "changing gears" during a normal session(table)....and a table full of regulars.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

may be u missed this one?
Old 11-15-2007, 02:31 AM

This is great advice about autopiloting. Often that's my problem. I play live $5-10nl for a living w/ a bunch of the same people day in and day out and I sometimes don't take the time to think through the hand especially after 4 or 5 hours of play. Also don't put a person on one hand and stick through it the whole way. Put them on a range of hands and readjust as the action progresses.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:00 PM

what % do you look for on a players went to showdown to consider it to be too much?

Thanks

SD